Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need New Bars on 2007 Road King Classic

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2008, 06:28 PM
Chula
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have the chubby with the original cables. They are tight but work fine.

Old 10-14-2008, 08:26 PM
workformetoo
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just went through all the stress of deciding what bars (like your going through). I went with the Heritage Classic chrome bars (in stock at the stealership $52.00). Could not be happier with the placement and the angle of the controls. 6'2" 300 lbs. 2005 Road King Classic with the Sundowner seat. I can even give you a set of easy to follow directions on the install (about 2-3 hours the first time) Cables work fine Only have to bend (reshape)the brake cable a little.

Old 10-14-2008, 08:57 PM
ramnj
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Wonder if the Heritage Classic bars will fit the 08 RK. Gonna check with the dealer.

workformetoo, would you mind PMing or posting the directions on the install?

Old 10-14-2008, 09:05 PM
Cloud09King
Road Warrior

Hey...you guys with the Heritage bars...can you post some pics of what they look like from the seating position? Have been trying to decide on this same issue myself since I picked her up in mid August!

Old 10-14-2008, 09:07 PM
kansasroadking
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Apostle
I'm trying to see what my options for new bars are without replacing the factory lines/cables. The stealership is telling me that I must replace the brake line with ANY bar change. What are y'all running?
your dealer is flat out lying to you....
I have Heritage bars on my RK and love them, no cable or line changes necessary.
I'm sure those wild ones bars are good too, they better be for the ridiculous amount of $$ these guys pay for handlebars......

Old 10-14-2008, 10:24 PM
J2X
Road Master
Received 63 Likes on 35 Posts

Talked to a dealer here in Pensacola. He recommends the Heritage bars with no cables or wire changes. According to him, most RKC owners do this simple swap. Bars are generally in stock. Is going to charge an hour HD labor plus the bars. He did say that the left hand grip may have to be changed depending on how much glue was used. I sat on a Heritage and like the feel. I am probably looking at $150.00 installed.

Old 10-15-2008, 01:43 AM
floorguy_724
Intermediate

Originally Posted by clarkchriston
WO 550's beach bars. No need to extend anything. Ride is awesome
Hey Clark,

You did not even have to extend the wiring? Have these bars sitting on my work bench waiting to see if they will fit on to my 08' RK. I was told to buy brake lines and a wiring kit. Hopefully I can just put the bars on without any mods, that would be sweet!!!

Old 10-15-2008, 02:02 AM
tatertot
Cruiser

Originally Posted by workformetoo
Just went through all the stress of deciding what bars (like your going through). I went with the Heritage Classic chrome bars (in stock at the stealership $52.00). Could not be happier with the placement and the angle of the controls. 6'2" 300 lbs. 2005 Road King Classic with the Sundowner seat. I can even give you a set of easy to follow directions on the install (about 2-3 hours the first time) Cables work fine Only have to bend (reshape)the brake cable a little.
I'll have a set of your instructions on the install if possible. I have the bars just waiting to be put on. Thanks in advance

Old 10-15-2008, 11:11 AM
Cloud09King
Road Warrior

Will these chrome Heritage bars fit on an '09 FLHRC with TBW? Part #?

Old 10-15-2008, 01:37 PM
billybobsrk
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Road King Handlebars

I've tried Heritage Classic Handlebars and didn't have enough control due height and wrist angle. You might want to try Flanders Road King / Fat Boy handlebars # 650-08275 to see if you like them before trying another brand and have to change cables. I ended up with Chubby's Wild One 518 handlebars with internal wiring, but if I had it to do over again I'd tried the Flanders first. http://flandershandlebars.com/

Quick Reply: Need New Bars on 2007 Road King Classic