Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Good deed & A BAD Dealer

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2008, 02:45 PM
dgriffith
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Good deed & A BAD Dealer

As some know, I'm doing some work away from home, Indiana. Anyhow, I went out for lunch today here in McDonough, Ga. Started riding up 75 and a couple passed me from Fla. on a blue/silver Ultra--- no lights... I got his attention and told him we were 2 exits from a HD dealership. OK, so we thought. Arriving at the dealership, we went in to ask for a mechanic to take a look at it just to be sure. They very bluntly told us they DID NOT have time to look at it and if we would leave it they would try to look at it maybe tonight or tomorrow. They were very blunt about it and walked away. Not offering advice or even trying to sell him a fuse. What a real letdown. We proceeded out to my bike and found the correct fuses and changed it. With that, they were ready to continue on their way to Pigeon Forge,Tn for 2 weeks of leaf watching. I just wanted to pass on this blight of a Stealership that everyone should know about. I have never been in a dealership that acted that way about any kind of service, especially when they know you are from out of town, on a trip. That's HD of Clayton County. Dan

Last edited by dgriffith; 10-14-2008 at 03:05 PM.
Old 10-14-2008, 03:05 PM
sooie
Tourer

not to name names but theres a stealer in Olathe KS that i will
NEVER buy from.the parts dude is an A$$
heres a Quote from him ( look do you want it or not!!)
thats some good customer service

Old 10-14-2008, 03:11 PM
bigskyhd
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 50 Likes on 5 Posts

I just hate hearing these horror stories. Sad that it's come to this. In this economic downturn, NO BUSINESS can afford to treat people that way... Thanks for sharing...

Old 10-14-2008, 03:14 PM
DrPlastic
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 34 Likes on 29 Posts

It was my understanding that travelers get top priority in H-D dealerships for repairs. That was H-D Corporate policy.

Old 10-14-2008, 03:22 PM
TexasSG
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by DrPlastic
It was my understanding that travelers get top priority in H-D dealerships for repairs. That was H-D Corporate policy.
true dat, or how about it's just ethical policy?

Old 10-14-2008, 03:23 PM
tima
Elite HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well, that dealer earned the nickname "Stealership". You ought to write an editorial letter to their local paper. There is a business in my town that has had a bad attitude towards tourists. People have done just that, write the paper, they published the letter. A little public humiliation can do wonders sometimes for future travelers. Sorry to hear the trouble they had.

Old 10-14-2008, 03:27 PM
Jrsess
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 69 Likes on 63 Posts

Call the Corporate office!

Old 10-14-2008, 04:04 PM
timberland
Road Master
Location: Log home in SE Michigan full time. Log cabin in east TN, Smoky Mountians part time
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default bad business

I hate to hear about any bad business. We, wife and I, are multiple business owner's, glutton's for punishment I guess, have many employees, I can from experience say its not usually the business fault, rather the employee at fault and has slipped through the cracks or had improper training, the latter being the case ....business supervisors / owners fault. I would ask anyone that has a bad experience with a business, at that time ask to speak to the supervisor. Then ask the supervisor, away from the general public, your question or let them know about your complaint, including the experience with the employee.

Our employees know the importance that we place on customer service, We spend thousands of dollars a year promoting our business ventures, and it starts with the employees learning before they are hired that we have a no complaint rule about rude employees. If one of our employees can not OR elects to not deal with a customer, to simply state politely..."another associate will be right with them", and its the employees responsibility to notify a supervisor IMMEDIATELY. It is the business owners responsibility to train the employees and its the business supervisors and owners to police the employees. I agree customer service is a easy sign to hang on the door, backing it up requires daily attention.

Old 10-14-2008, 04:09 PM
Harleypingman
Extreme HDF Member
Received 44 Likes on 40 Posts

Too bad the travellers couldn't get helped quickly, and fortunate it was a simple fuse fix to their problem that you could help them with.

Without knowing more about what was going on in the service department (techs out; new bikes to be delivered to waiting cutomers; etc.) I wouldn't throw the dealership under the bus, yet.

I live in metro Atlanta on the north side so I have no personal experience with HD of Clayton County. And I haven't heard anything negative about them.

Old 10-14-2008, 04:15 PM
dgriffith
Road Warrior

I was in that dealership about a month ago. I went in to look at some ride gear. What I found was a lot of of old, new clothes. I found leather coats with a 3 year old date code on them, rain gear, more than that. Maybe it's just a clearing house for outdated clothing line with bikes for a display. They have 07,06 and 1 05 bikes that are new. Sort of makes you wonder.

Quick Reply: Good deed & A BAD Dealer