Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Good deed & A BAD Dealer

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2008, 12:04 AM
bald1der
Road Warrior
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I guess that's why they have bike that don't sell.

Old 10-15-2008, 12:16 AM
Bad Pig
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

thats BS.....thanks for the warning!

Old 10-15-2008, 07:41 AM
2of2
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Skivvy9r
I'm guessing they wanted to keep the folks around a while so they could get to know them better. You know, so they could better support them. Kinda hard to support 'em when they run off as soon as you fix their ride.
So you are suggesting that the dealer purposely did not help them and was rude so they would stick around longer? These were travelers who needed help. Maybe I misunderstood the original post but I did not see where the dealer did anything to help. The guys split after they made the repair in the parking lot themselves, as i would too. I did not see any mention of the dealer trying to support them. In fact the post suggests quite the opposite. I think I can see the source of the problem now.

Old 10-15-2008, 08:42 AM
timvan
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by dnitram
I'm originally from Atlanta and live just North of the city. First, to all those visiting or just passing through, WELCOME! We're awfully glad to have you spend time with us! I'm sorry HD of Clayton County treated a visitor in such a fashion, but quite frankly, I've never heard anything good about that dealer, so it's no surprise.

I can honestly say from experience that the two BEST HD Dealers in and around the Atlanta area are (In order of preference.):
1. HD of Cartersville
2. Killer Creek Harley-Davidson

The service departments are tops, the entire staff is excellent and best of all, they CARE!

What goes around comes around and that's especially true with HD dealers.
I agree with you 100% on Clayton Co H/D .. think its in part due to the location of the dealership

I dont agree with your dealer choices, Killer Creek used to be good before the new owner, however they still charge $1k over msrp on new bikes (even in our great economy), and the service dept is sub par at best

I dont think id be the only one in Atlanta the would put the coices closer to this, not in any order

Earl Smalls
Atalanta HD
Cartersville HD
Granite & Stone Mountain HD

Old 10-15-2008, 09:02 AM
Trek
Tourer

I'm sure that if the thread were about bad experiences with dealers, there would be an uncomfortable number of issues that would come to light. I just had an amazing experience with the local dealer that made me just a little, well, confused.

So. . I will contact the corporation. One of the reasons I started buying HD was because of my desire to tour and the support I was to see (and have seen with only one exception) while on the road. Now that I'm riding HD I can't see myself riding anything else, but had HD had a bad reputation for not taking care of the touring folks, I would have not even tried one of these bikes. And what a shame that would have been!

My experience was that a friend bought a full 103 kit, then tried to return it unopened as he had hit a deer and totalled his bike and didn't need the kit anylonger. They were trying their best to not refund him. In fact, after a week, he tells me that they still have not offered to even give him a refund with a 20% restocking charge. Something about they were concerned about having a high inventory during the winter months. . .

Old 10-15-2008, 10:04 AM
UPSGUY
Road Master
Received 32 Likes on 20 Posts

HD of Clayton County has a reputation of doing this and unless you are there with cash in hand then they act like you are not there. I have been there a couple of times and i never got a "friendly" feeling, I bought my 06 RK Custom from a dealer on the east side of Atlanta and it was used with only 2,600 miles on it and i had an issue with the front brakes squealing, I asked them to look at it and if it was covered under warranty and was told no it wasn't! WTF??? A friend referred me to HD of Atlanta and i called first and made an appointment. showed up and i have never been treated better at a dealership in my life. They took the bike back and 30 min later it was brought out fixed with no cost to me and they said the tank emblems were pealing up and ordered me another set under warranty!!!! HD of Atlanta is my first choice for service.

Old 10-15-2008, 07:01 PM
Skivvy9r
Tourer

Originally Posted by 2of2
So you are suggesting that the dealer purposely did not help them and was rude so they would stick around longer? These were travelers who needed help. Maybe I misunderstood the original post but I did not see where the dealer did anything to help. The guys split after they made the repair in the parking lot themselves, as i would too. I did not see any mention of the dealer trying to support them. In fact the post suggests quite the opposite. I think I can see the source of the problem now.
Sarcasm is stating the opposite of an intended meaning especially in order to sneeringly, slyly, jest or mock a person, situation or thing. It is strongly associated with irony, with some definitions classifying it as a type of verbal irony intended to insult or wound.

Old 10-15-2008, 07:19 PM
LH
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by bradssg
So maybe you can clear this up for the good folks here...is that how you treat out of town tourists that need your help...or not...
Ski doesn't work for Clayton, he was just showing us their own statement about themselves.

Old 10-15-2008, 09:32 PM
2of2
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Skivvy9r
Sarcasm is stating the opposite of an intended meaning especially in order to sneeringly, slyly, jest or mock a person, situation or thing. It is strongly associated with irony, with some definitions classifying it as a type of verbal irony intended to insult or wound.
I see.

Sarcasm is usually identified by the tone of one's voice. It is much more dificult to identify when presented in non-verbal communication. Spoken language contains two distinct types of communication: (1) "text" (the words themselves) and (2) "vocal paralanguage", the thousands of ways in which any given words can be said. Text is whatever can be typed on a page. Vocal paralanguage is everything else--intonation, pitch, regional accent, sarcasm, hesitations, truthfulness, emotion, etc.

My bad for not picking up on that.
Pretty funny now that I get it.
Thanks for clearing it up for me.

Old 10-15-2008, 11:39 PM
mike5511
Elite HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by 2of2
I see.

Sarcasm is usually identified by the tone of one's voice. It is much more dificult to identify when presented in non-verbal communication. Spoken language contains two distinct types of communication: (1) "text" (the words themselves) and (2) "vocal paralanguage", the thousands of ways in which any given words can be said. Text is whatever can be typed on a page. Vocal paralanguage is everything else--intonation, pitch, regional accent, sarcasm, hesitations, truthfulness, emotion, etc.

My bad for not picking up on that.
Pretty funny now that I get it.
Thanks for clearing it up for me.
[QUOTE] Sarcasm is stating the opposite of an intended meaning especially in order to sneeringly, slyly, jest or mock a person, situation or thing. It is strongly associated with irony, with some definitions classifying it as a type of verbal irony intended to insult or wound. [QUOTE]

You both sound like the typical dumb azz, uneducated bikers.........(is that sarcasm?)

Quick Reply: Good deed & A BAD Dealer