Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Just installed my new ARC 125.2 Amp and ARC Speakers and all I can say is WOW

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2008, 10:40 PM
tdaffner
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just installed my new ARC 125.2 Amp and ARC Speakers and all I can say is WOW

Just installed my new ARC 125.2 Amp and ARC Speakers and all I can say is WOW, my Stereo on my Bike just Woke Up Big Time thanks to FireCap501.

A couple weeks back I saw a post on here from another forum member about installing the ARC Amp and Speakers and how happy he was, so I decided to PM FireCap501 myself and check it out.

After spending about a half hour on the phone with me doing some consulting, I decided to go with the ARC 125watt 2 channel Amp and ARC Speakers with Component Tweeters with stand alone cross-overs. I kept my stock HD AM/FM Cassette head unit. After placing the order the parts showed up in just a few days. The install itself was not bad and took about 3 hours. I mounted the new ARC Amp on top of the current radio head unit with some heavy duty Velcro, pulled out the old factory stock speakers and stuck in the new ARC monsters, mounted the cross-overs and new Tweeters and wired it all up. I just can’t believe how great this sounds going down the road.

I have attached 3 pictures. (1) Stock Speakers. (2) New Amp Speakers and Cross-overs (3) New Component Tweeters

A buddy of mine had installed the Hog Tune Speakers on his FL and there is just not comparison in my humble opinion, this speaker and amp combination just crank out the music and it is clear with no distortion at all.

Thanks again Wayne (Firecap501) for all your advise and help and being available for my follow-up question on setting the Amp levels. I have a few buddies that will be giving you a call.

Attached Thumbnails Just installed my new ARC 125.2 Amp and ARC Speakers and all I can say is WOW-100_2972.jpg   Just installed my new ARC 125.2 Amp and ARC Speakers and all I can say is WOW-100_2976.jpg   Just installed my new ARC 125.2 Amp and ARC Speakers and all I can say is WOW-100_2978-copy.jpg  
Old 10-13-2008, 10:46 PM
tima
Elite HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I didn't see a price for all this on your post..........

Old 10-13-2008, 11:07 PM
tdaffner
Advanced

Hi Tima, You will need to PM Firecap501 to get that info, but I can tell you I have shopped around and looked at other systems and this is worth every penny.

Tim.

Old 10-14-2008, 12:14 AM
AaronOregon
Former Sponsor

So tdaffner, I just bought the kit also. I guess the tweeters are part of the speakers you buy huh? Didn't know they were separate from the 5 1/4's? Did you just use a hole-saw for those? Also, I bought the $10 install kit, does that include the crossovers? Just want to make sure I am gonna have everything I will need for install. Thanks.

Aaron

Old 10-14-2008, 12:48 AM
SSJ
Road Captain
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by tdaffner
Hi Tima, You will need to PM Firecap501 to get that info, but I can tell you I have shopped around and looked at other systems and this is worth every penny.

Tim.
Ok what's the big secret on the price?

Old 10-14-2008, 01:09 AM
SeaHag
Road Master

Originally Posted by SSJ
hope he's not one of those sellers who change the price depending on the customer.

Old 10-14-2008, 03:33 AM
Rauzer
Road Captain

Originally Posted by AaronOregon
So tdaffner, I just bought the kit also. I guess the tweeters are part of the speakers you buy huh? Didn't know they were separate from the 5 1/4's? Did you just use a hole-saw for those? Also, I bought the $10 install kit, does that include the crossovers? Just want to make sure I am gonna have everything I will need for install. Thanks.

Aaron
Looks to me that the tweeters are surface mounted.

Old 10-14-2008, 05:46 AM
tdaffner
Advanced

Yes, Tweeters are surface mounted, two little holes for the screws and a little hole in the center for the wire to go through. Aaronoregon, the kit I bought off Firecap501 included the 5 1/4 speakers, the seperate tweeters and the active cross-overs. In center picture the cross-over in the chrome can between the stereo and the 5 1/4 speaker.

Tim.

Old 10-14-2008, 05:52 AM
radridd
Tourer

Originally Posted by SSJ
Arc does not allow there dealers to post prices online.

Old 10-14-2008, 07:08 AM
1flhtk4me
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 90 Likes on 67 Posts

I just installed a second set of speakers I bought from Wayne.I installed them in the lower fairing glove boxes.This amp and speakers are top notch.

SeaHag,he's not one of those.

Quick Reply: Just installed my new ARC 125.2 Amp and ARC Speakers and all I can say is WOW