Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Just installed my new ARC 125.2 Amp and ARC Speakers and all I can say is WOW

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2008, 10:57 AM
ElectraGlideSteve
Road Warrior
Received 93 Likes on 61 Posts

Try this link to get an idea on cost. I'd have a hard time justifying $525 for the stereo upgrade. $765 with the tweeters and crossovers. Even if I could get it for $400 it still would be hard for me to justify. Looks like a real nice set up though.
http://www.modestoharley.com/code/Audio.aspx

Old 10-15-2008, 11:01 AM
Firecap501
Former Sponsor
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Remember you are looking at a Harley Davidson dealership also so they are tacking on the labor and gosh knows what for whatever they call an install kit.

Old 10-15-2008, 11:08 AM
ElectraGlideSteve
Road Warrior
Received 93 Likes on 61 Posts

Yea, I just noticed those prices were including labor....sorry about the mis-information. Maybe I can justify the upgrade???

Old 10-15-2008, 11:19 AM
bigdoghd
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It's amazing where the stereo upgrades have gone on bikes. Arc makes some great components, I myself perfer to surface mount the tweeters, so it's a cleaner look.
We did one system for a customer that had four speakers flush mounted in his rear
rear bags, plus two mid range and the two tweeters in front fairing. The sound that came out of that system was crazy. I think this will be the next craze. I was satified with my Hog Tunes, but the upgrades now a days, that were doing makes a huge diffrence.

Old 10-15-2008, 12:48 PM
haze324
Elite HDF Member

Received 458 Likes on 336 Posts

Originally Posted by ElectraGlideSteve
Try this link to get an idea on cost. I'd have a hard time justifying $525 for the stereo upgrade. $765 with the tweeters and crossovers. Even if I could get it for $400 it still would be hard for me to justify. Looks like a real nice set up though.
http://www.modestoharley.com/code/Audio.aspx
Those prices are pretty freakin high!!!!

Install is nothing an average guy can't handle. Firecap prices are MUCH lower and you could probably justify the cost.

I personally wish I could've gone with the Arc system as I've heard and read it is an awesome system. I believe its worth every penny it cost. I think there other higher priced systems that can't beat the Arc.

I recently upgraded my system on a VERY VERY tight budget. And thanks to Firecap501 for helping me out with my install even though I did not purchase one of his systems. By no means do I have an Arc system - but I think there are options on how to make our audio systems sound "better" without dishing lots of cash. But I do believe you get what you pay for if you are smart about it.

Old 10-15-2008, 01:11 PM
RottMan
Intermediate
Question

Originally Posted by Firecap501
Remember you are looking at a Harley Davidson dealership also so they are tacking on the labor and gosh knows what for whatever they call an install kit.
FireCap - I have an 09 SG with a detachable TourPak and was looking at the HogTunes because it has a kit that includes 4 speakers, an amp and speaker pods for the TourPak. Do you offer any similar kits? What does ARC stand for?

Thanks in advance!

Old 10-15-2008, 01:25 PM
Chula
Outstanding HDF Member

Nice set-up.

Old 10-15-2008, 02:55 PM
WHOSNEXT
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Firecap501
That would not be the case SeaHag. It is ARC's internet policy and I am not a forum sponsor yet so I can not post as a dealer and do not post as a dealer. I play by the rules.

I hope that this has answered your question if not send me a pm and I will do my best to answer it outside of the forums.
pm sent

Old 10-15-2008, 03:45 PM
Firecap501
Former Sponsor

Whosnext.

It will not let me reply to your pm give me a call 405-343-5050

Old 10-15-2008, 06:14 PM
Lightngsvt2
Tourer

Can you just buy a pair of ARAC speakers as stock replacements without having to go with the amp / crossovers and seperate tweeters?

Quick Reply: Just installed my new ARC 125.2 Amp and ARC Speakers and all I can say is WOW