Notices
Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
Old 03-20-2015, 10:00 AM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
Pros & Cons of Street Glide vs Road Glide
http://www.hdforums.com/forum/tourin...oad-glide.html

ISSUE
User wants to know the difference between the two bike styles, which type others chose, and why they chose one over the other. Some reasons people gave for choosing a bike include:
• Personal preference
• Some say that the Road Glide is better in winds
• Road Glide can feel more spacious
• Street Glide looks better and is more customizable

Read below for the full discussion…
Print Wikipost

Pros & cons of street glide vs road glide

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2011, 10:52 PM
abone
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Have 2 RG's now and actually considered buying a SG for the 2nd bike until I rode 2 of my friends SG's, and there is no comparison, in corners, at high speed, or in comfort due to the room in the cockpit. My buddy and I switched up for a few hours on a ride and his comment was "wow" and my comment was "can I have my bike back?"
The SG is a fine looking bike at all angles but for pure riding and handling, there is no comparison.

Old 10-09-2011, 10:35 AM
piesik650
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I like the road glide because I can pile useless amounts of stereo stuff in the fairing. and I love how the wind doesn't effect the bike. and that I don't see five of them every time I run to the gas station. street glides are a dime a dozen.

Old 10-09-2011, 11:18 AM
ericv
1st Gear

I love my Roadglide. Handles so much better in the wind, attracts attention, I added a tourpak to mine Ive owned it 2 years and have put over 28000 miles on it, great for long trips, comfortable and just cool. I'm "inseam challenged" but i can sit flat footed with no lowering kit. BTW people will tell you they don't like it when the headlights don't turn when you do....Just remind them "I hate it when my CAR does that too!" RoadGlide...best bike Harley ever built in my opinion!

Old 10-09-2011, 03:17 PM
Intrepid175
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by ericv
BTW people will tell you they don't like it when the headlights don't turn when you do....Just remind them "I hate it when my CAR does that too!" RoadGlide...best bike Harley ever built in my opinion!
I always get tickled at that one too. I rode fixed fairing bikes for over 30 years before buying my 09 Ultra. I remember being a little perturbed the first couple of times I rode a fixed fairing bike after dark because the headlight wasn't following my steering inputs but it didn't take any longer than that to get used to it. The first few times I rode my Ultra after dark actually felt a little weird too because all of the sudden, the headlight "was" following my steering inputs. I haven't had that happen in a bunch of years. Sometimes you just can't win for loosing!

Ride Safe,
Steve R.

Last edited by Intrepid175; 10-09-2011 at 03:20 PM.
Old 10-09-2011, 03:48 PM
rlaf75
Tourer

1st yhing out of everyones mouth is the lights dont move. Think about how often you turn your bars. Unless youre in a parking lot or making u-turns its not very often. My buddies have let me ride there street glides but the dash is in my face. Like the roadies better cuz the fact that the dash isnt directly in my face. Its a more open feel. Other than the fairings they are pretty much the same. Road test both and make your decision cuz after all youre the one footing the bill. Whatever your choice my be ride safe.

Old 10-09-2011, 10:36 PM
Silverback2011
Cruiser

For as many times as the Road Glide riders hear about the non turning headlights us Street Glide riders hear about the dash being in your face. Both arguments are pretty lame in my opinion but to each his own, I will stick with my Street Glide thank you very much.

Old 10-09-2011, 11:06 PM
lh4x4
Extreme HDF Member
Received 929 Likes on 571 Posts

Got the RG because I have an Ultra and wanted to see the difference in windy conditions. Purely for research.

Old 10-09-2011, 11:30 PM
Tenn
Tourer
Received 121 Likes on 59 Posts

The street glide is a chick bike.

TN

Old 10-10-2011, 08:59 AM
Intrepid175
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by Silverback2011
For as many times as the Road Glide riders hear about the non turning headlights us Street Glide riders hear about the dash being in your face. Both arguments are pretty lame in my opinion but to each his own, I will stick with my Street Glide thank you very much.
Absolutely nothing wrong with that!

Originally Posted by lh4x4
Got the RG because I have an Ultra and wanted to see the difference in windy conditions. Purely for research.
And your results are???

Old 10-10-2011, 09:04 AM
Fire-Medic
Road Warrior

I love both bikes, I own an Ultra Limited. I never rode a RG until after buying my Limited which was my first bike with a fairing. After riding my buddies RG, if I could go back and change, I would get the Road Glide. But I don't hate my Limited either.

Quick Reply: Pros & cons of street glide vs road glide