Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
Old 03-20-2015, 10:00 AM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
Pros & Cons of Street Glide vs Road Glide
http://www.hdforums.com/forum/tourin...oad-glide.html

ISSUE
User wants to know the difference between the two bike styles, which type others chose, and why they chose one over the other. Some reasons people gave for choosing a bike include:
• Personal preference
• Some say that the Road Glide is better in winds
• Road Glide can feel more spacious
• Street Glide looks better and is more customizable

Read below for the full discussion…
Print Wikipost

Pros & cons of street glide vs road glide

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2009, 03:39 PM
heywood727
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by scooplove
Every bike on the road, whether a RG or a crotch rocket, wishes it was as badass as my SG. For sure, fools!
Yup... looks pretty badass to me. Seen 20 just like it couple of weeks ago. I'm dazzeled!!! LOL

Old 11-28-2009, 06:54 AM
jmic86
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had a 05 roadglide that I put 40,000 miles on. Loved it except when It came to changing windshields. I traded for an 09 streetglide, couldn't get used to the differences.....riding in the wind...the batwing is no comparison to the shark nose. Also the road glide is much easier to turn around and manuver. 09 street glide sold and 2010 road glide on order...will never go back again. also, I'm 5'4

Old 11-29-2009, 10:16 AM
ericv
1st Gear

Just added a tour pack on my roadie. Now I'm looking to change windshields looked at the airmaster, cee bailey, and klock werks; Anyone have any ideas or comment on these, or have another recommendation? I have a stock looking 16 on now and the top is right in my line of sight, i have to look over the top or thru.

Old 11-29-2009, 10:52 AM
tda69
Stellar HDF Member
Received 78 Likes on 33 Posts

Well.....this should be interesting.

Both are great choices, so it woudl be hard to pick between the two. I went through the same struggle initially when I was debating between a RG or EG. I had rented both bikes but I eventually opted for an Ultra because I got a smokin' deal on my '03 (with only 1488 miles on it) back in 2004. After riding that bike for a few years I grew accustomed to the Ultra and bought the bike I have now.

The best advice I can give you is, rent BOTH bikes and try to base your decision based on which you prefer after riding them.

Old 11-29-2009, 10:53 AM
Brianc9876
Tourer

Obviously I am a fan of the Street Glide seeing as I just purchased one. I'm 24 and couldn't bring myself to ride an Ultra or a RG yet. That being said both are great bikes can't really go wrong. You came to the wrong place for an answer though. Go with what is good for you and what you like, its your bike. My street glide rides great though, the 09 frame makes a hell of a difference.

Old 11-29-2009, 11:13 AM
bagman1
Grand HDF Member
Received 54 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by ericv
Just added a tour pack on my roadie. Now I'm looking to change windshields looked at the airmaster, cee bailey, and klock werks; Anyone have any ideas or comment on these, or have another recommendation? I have a stock looking 16 on now and the top is right in my line of sight, i have to look over the top or thru.
Here is my opinion. Ive had the stock, the tinted low profile HD on and now have the 12" CW. Ive gone interstate riding with the stock aand CW in rain and snow.
The stock one with lowers created a dead space that kept it too warm for me nd when it rained I couldnt see thru the w/s (Im 5'9"), but you could hear the radio well at all speeds. The low profile was only good for speeds under 45 because once you got on the freeway it was almost like having no w/s at all, might as well turn the radio off then.
The CW w/s has worked the best for me in rain and the cold. As with the stock w/s I can ride with the visor on my ff helmet open all day long and just close it in rain and cold, radio sounds good at all speeds, and it looks damn good on the bike. Majority of riding is solo, the wife seems to like it the few times she rides and she is 5'4".
I suppose Cee Baileys and others could be as good but you can end up spending a fortune by the time you get something that you like and works. Thank you HD forums classifieds. My $.02

Old 11-29-2009, 03:55 PM
sbn
Cruiser

I bought my SG this summer here in Sweden. Im just glad they dont sell the RG here, If they did and they had the RG custom in the shop when I bought the SG I would have had a very difficult time choosing. I love the SG, how i rides and also the looks. I honestly couldnt tell which one of the two bikes I would buy if the RG custom was sold here.

Good luck with whichever you choose

Old 12-02-2009, 12:35 AM
scooplove
Tourer

Originally Posted by heywood727
Yup... looks pretty badass to me. Seen 20 just like it couple of weeks ago. I'm dazzeled!!! LOL
You're mistaken. Your eyes went crazy from staring at that god-awful fairing on your RG. SUCKA!

Old 12-02-2009, 07:40 AM
stick_hd
Cruiser

Originally Posted by scooplove
You're mistaken. Your eyes went crazy from staring at that god-awful fairing on your RG. SUCKA!
Wow, your cool scoop. Everyone wants to be just like you. I seen 25 bikes like yours yesterday!

Old 12-02-2009, 08:57 AM
NHSPMCU
Cruiser
Cool Go with a Klock Werks

Originally Posted by ericv
I changed my standard windshield to a klock werks, at 6'4" I think it made a huge difference with reducing head buffeting, plus it looks cooler.

Quick Reply: Pros & cons of street glide vs road glide