Notices
Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
Old 03-20-2015, 10:00 AM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
Pros & Cons of Street Glide vs Road Glide
http://www.hdforums.com/forum/tourin...oad-glide.html

ISSUE
User wants to know the difference between the two bike styles, which type others chose, and why they chose one over the other. Some reasons people gave for choosing a bike include:
• Personal preference
• Some say that the Road Glide is better in winds
• Road Glide can feel more spacious
• Street Glide looks better and is more customizable

Read below for the full discussion…
Print Wikipost

Pros & cons of street glide vs road glide

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2009, 02:29 PM
Coolhawg6622
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Road Glides are going to be a thing of the past after 09 so you better get one why they are hot............2010 they are discontinued.......

Old 04-02-2009, 02:39 PM
RODEO
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Coolhawg6622
Road Glides are going to be a thing of the past after 09 so you better get one why they are hot............2010 they are discontinued.......
Discontinued?? Nahhhhh..... Enhanced?? Likely! look for a new version dressed out with a Tour pack, CB, Rear Speakers etc etc. Hard Lowers.... Heck, I'll want one myself! Maybe the name will change back to the Tour Glide even.

Old 04-02-2009, 04:50 PM
roadkingray
6th Gear
Thumbs up

Why not 1 of each ?

Attached Thumbnails Pros & cons of street glide vs road glide-road-king-017.jpg   Pros & cons of street glide vs road glide-road-king-020.jpg  
Old 04-02-2009, 10:11 PM
WRKD4ITFLHX2008
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Talking over all looks

Love my 08 SG looks great. I like how the SG fairing is attached compared to the RG stationary fairing.

Old 04-02-2009, 10:30 PM
jayman720
Tourer

You absolutely, positively HAVE TO Get a Street Glide.

Road Glides are ugly. REALLY ugly. Like Kathy Griffin ugly.

And women hate them.

(And whatever you do - do NOT get vivid black - it's far and away the SLOWEST color. It's something about the atoms in the vivid black paint's adhesion process that increases wind drag and makes the aerodynamic properties of the fairing equivalent to a 4x8 sheet of drywall.)

...just sayin'

Old 04-02-2009, 10:32 PM
ThePointman
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

+ 1 I have a street glide and LOVE it. A buddy has a road glide and he LOVEs it.

I have ridden both and they are very close in power and overall ride, pick the one that you are going to want to look at and be sure to ride both before you pull the trigger. You dont want to ride the one you dont buy later and wish you had gotten it instead.

Last edited by ThePointman; 04-02-2009 at 10:45 PM.
Old 04-03-2009, 06:24 AM
kmvallee
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Miami Cruzer
I'd like to hear from you guys that own either a STREET GLIDE OR ROAD GLIDE.......
why did you buy your model and not the other ?
Is there big differences between these two bikes ?
They both look like AWESOME machines, I'm just trying to justify buying one over the other, advantages and disadvantages.
Thanks for you input!
I'm thinking that I would ride each bike and than you will be able to see and feel what works for you. I would not let looks be a factor. I have an 05 Road Glide and have ridden a few Street Glides for me there is no way that the Street Glide rides or handles like a Road Glide. The RG has a nice soft smooth ride the SG is a choppy hard ride because of the lower rear shocks and the firm seat,the dash on the RG gives you more room than the SG if you are tall that might be a good thing. Faring is fixed to the frame on the RG, on the SG it is mounted to the forks. You need to spend time on both to get a good feel and what works for you and what you are looking for in ride,comfort and style. I went with the RG for comfort and the way it handles the choice is yours what ever works for you good luck

Old 04-03-2009, 07:22 AM
rocknrod
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by kmvallee
I'm thinking that I would ride each bike and than you will be able to see and feel what works for you. I would not let looks be a factor. I have an 05 Road Glide and have ridden a few Street Glides for me there is no way that the Street Glide rides or handles like a Road Glide. The RG has a nice soft smooth ride the SG is a choppy hard ride because of the lower rear shocks and the firm seat,the dash on the RG gives you more room than the SG if you are tall that might be a good thing. Faring is fixed to the frame on the RG, on the SG it is mounted to the forks. You need to spend time on both to get a good feel and what works for you and what you are looking for in ride,comfort and style. I went with the RG for comfort and the way it handles the choice is yours what ever works for you good luck
You really need to ride em both. As this poster says. I can make the exact same argument in the oposite direction.
Everyone has their own way of riding and feeling.
I have riden both and prefer the Streeter for the same reasons he prefers the Road Glide.
So ask the dealer to let you try em both out when your ready.

Old 04-07-2009, 08:33 PM
roadkinglobo
Supporter
Received 76 Likes on 57 Posts
Cool

Originally Posted by pled55
street glide ... had a roadking classic loved it .but the radio and general apperance of the streetglide with the fairing just appealed to me . got to get used to fairing weight but other than that it does everything well as i expected .i think either a rodie or or any of the glides are good choices for touring and comfort.rent a couple at the dealer and make your own choice.
+1 to this comment. Went from a RKC cause I wanted tunes and a better fairing system for touring. No regrets, although I loved the RKC and it served me well. I think it all boils down to taste. Personally I didn't like the sharknose fairing on the Roadie but still a nice looking bike.

Old 04-07-2009, 08:39 PM
Vatorman
Tourer

PLEASE get a RG. There are too many SG out right now. You won't have a problem finding your bike in the crowd.

Quick Reply: Pros & cons of street glide vs road glide