Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone Finance Through Eagle Mark?

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2008, 02:10 PM
hdramon07
Cruiser
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I used them on my Dyna.

Be very careful if you sign up for auto draft from your bank account...when your payment due date falls on a week end, they will take the payment on the following Monday (or Tuesday if Monday is a holiday) & send you an ugly letter stating that your payment was late.

I eventually had to have them move the "pull date" back several days to avoid this fiasco.

Went with a credit union on the ultra...problem solved & saved 3% on the interest rate.

Old 10-09-2008, 02:15 PM
tano01
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yes. Not had a problem with them.

Old 10-09-2008, 02:18 PM
Peppa1
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have used them on a couple of bike purchases and had no problems at all. If the rates are good you will be fine going with them.

Old 10-09-2008, 02:27 PM
Buck Naked
Cruiser

Originally Posted by hyperfocal
State Farm loans money? didn't know that. great rate. 5.24%...That is the rate on my mortage.
They do---I'd forgotten that they did until I went to get insurance. They beat my banker's interest rate by about 1.5%. Just an fyi, and this is a hypothetical quote mind you, but on $20K for 60 mths @ 6.99% (not figured w/ any fees or $$ down) you're looking at a pmt around $395. $20K for 60 mths @ 5.25% is about $379---difference of $16 a month in pmt, and about $1k in finance charge...

Old 10-09-2008, 02:45 PM
HiPlainsHeritage
Cruiser

I paid 5.99. I didn't think that was too bad. Maybe I could have beat it, but I wouldn't have walked out the door with the HD that was making me weak in the knees.

Old 10-09-2008, 02:51 PM
Lightngsvt2
Tourer

Thanks for all the feedback guys. They also approved me $0, while not as much as Id like I want to put at least $2500 - 4000 down. Still dont see how these deals benefit HD, other than moving a bike at any cost.

I have my vehicles and house insured with State Farm, have to check them out and see if they'll finance. Thanks for the tip.

Old 10-09-2008, 02:54 PM
RODEO
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by Lightngsvt2
Thanks for all the feedback guys. They also approved me $0, while not as much as Id like I want to put at least $2500 - 4000 down. Still dont see how these deals benefit HD, other than moving a bike at any cost.
I have my vehicles and house insured with State Farm, have to check them out and see if they'll finance. Thanks for the tip.
Bingo!
Which is why Bike Loans are approved and credit card application are denied. They don't like being a CC Company (especially in this economy) but they sure as hell need to supplement bike sales.

Old 10-09-2008, 03:02 PM
Lightngsvt2
Tourer

but if people stop paying their loans, HD is screwed.

Old 10-09-2008, 04:33 PM
RODEO
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by Lightngsvt2
but if people stop paying their loans, HD is screwed.
Certainly they're going to check your credit and certainly they have SOME standards, but if you qualify they will be inclined to give you a little more hoping you actually buy more bike then you intended, or option it up with chrome and accessories. Default and they reposess. Bet that don't happen too many times. Have riskier credit score?? You will pay a higher interest rate for it. Not everyone wil qualify.

Old 10-09-2008, 05:29 PM
skratch
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,372 Likes on 2,544 Posts

Originally Posted by TexasSG
Go with your credit union if you can get them to calm down.
I do have customer service experience experience with Eagle Mark, I went round & round with them last year when I was trying to get the title from my sportster as I had a sale pending. They could have given a rat's a** about when I got my title back. Typical big company crap.

A copy of the letter I sent:

October 2, 2007

Harley-Davidson Credit
8529 Innovation Way
Chicago IL 60682

To Whom It May Concern:
Please find my enclosed final payment of $315.39 on account # 2003****739745.
I would like my title mailed to me asap. One of your representatives told me that it would take two weeks to receive my title once final payment has been received; this is neither ethical nor acceptable. I sent you a check in the mail on September 28th, it cleared my bank by the first, that’s 3 days and one of them was a Sunday! What that says to me is that when it’s your money on the line everything’s all rush-rush but when it’s your loyal customers money its “ehhh…..when we get around to it.” Adding insult to injury, the representative tells me I can “expedite” the process for $20.00 and I should see the title within a week. When I ask what the $20.00 is for he tells me that it’s for overnight fees. Now I’m confused. Where I come from overnight means 24 hrs not 168 hrs. Do you have a different clock or calendar in Chicago? I’ve never heard of overnight meaning seven days. Anyway, send the title so I can legally have what I paid for and do whatever you see fit with this letter. If it gets put in the round file then I will understand why Harley Davidson is in the process of laying off a bunch of employees. I run a very successful business and I NEVER forget what keeps me so busy and prosperous….my loyal customers, not my banker.

Sincerely,
Mike Shannon.
you know, i don't want to sound like a dick, but you do realize that you are not the only person waiting on their title. it does take a little more time to process the title than it does to deposit your check into the bank. also, overnight refers to the shipping, not the processing of your request. it would still take the same amount of time to process the title, but you wouldn't have to wait the 4 days (plus/minus) of first class mail. and finally, eagle mark really has nothing to do with hd, (other than a business relationship) so what they do with your letter has nothing to do with hd laying anyone off.

one caveat for everyone: eagle mark approves a person for a loan and gives a rate tier. the dealer has the latitude to then set the rate within those parameters. the dealer can also 'buy down' the rate and get you into a different tier. so don't let the salesman bs you with 'the rate is set by the bank'..... my local dealer lost a sale for just that reason. i already had a loan with them, and was purchasing a bike for the wife. they came back with a rate that was higher than i already had. when i asked why, gave me that bs line. i went home and called the bank and they told me the above info, and also said that i could have actually gotten a rate lower than i was currently paying, without the dealer having to buy it down. too bad for them, cause the dealer i ended up going to, though further away, has earned much more of my business. so instead of them losing one sale, it was 3 (so far....)

Originally Posted by rrsjs5
I used them without a problem,if your credit is good the rate can be negotiable,dont let the dealer tell you otherwise! I did put a pretty good down,financed for 24 month's,payed it off in 10! Last payment wrote "Payoff" on the check,had the title in hand a week later.
your lucky that they didn't send the check back to you. when you put something like that on the check, it becomes a contractual obligation. a lot of businesses will just plain return the check (even if the amount was correct) and then turn around and hit you with a late fee. (used to work in a bank before i joined the army)

Originally Posted by hdramon07
I used them on my Dyna.

Be very careful if you sign up for auto draft from your bank account...when your payment due date falls on a week end, they will take the payment on the following Monday (or Tuesday if Monday is a holiday) & send you an ugly letter stating that your payment was late.

I eventually had to have them move the "pull date" back several days to avoid this fiasco.

Went with a credit union on the ultra...problem solved & saved 3% on the interest rate.
never had that problem. have had 3 loans with them set up that way. they don't consider the payment late unless its something like 20 days past due (doublecheck with them if you want to verify the number of days, its been a while since i talked with them about it)

Last edited by skratch; 10-09-2008 at 05:36 PM.

Quick Reply: Anyone Finance Through Eagle Mark?