Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

MP3 Question for Bagger Riders

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2009, 08:15 AM
monkyman
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I use a sansa fuze MP3 player and it works great, The Zumo I find takes a while to start playing again after I shut it down. It's like it takes a while to reload them. At first it will show "0" songs, then start playing once it identifies them.

Old 02-21-2009, 08:16 AM
RODEO
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I burn from Itunes but I only get like 70 songs on a 700mb CD-R.

Is that the norm? Are you guys getting more songs then me on a disk? I can say I've had no problems with volume, skipping or static whatsoever though. Good quality burns and just leave the CD loaded in the player. I constantly listen to music while riding.

Old 02-21-2009, 08:16 AM
Raaze07
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by HDUltraRider
Spend $50 bucks and get a shuffle holds 12 hours of music sound great and I clip it onto my through cable and run cord straight to the aux jack works great.
That's a pretty slick little arrangement. My only problem with the shuffle is that you can't see of pick the artist. There are times I'd like to be able to play all Kid Rock, or the Eagles, or Bruce. But I may borrow my daughter's shuffle for shorter trips.

Old 02-21-2009, 08:18 AM
RODEO
Outstanding HDF Member

I heard that the volume is greatly affected when using an ipod through the aux. jack.

Old 02-21-2009, 08:34 AM
jayman720
Tourer

Originally Posted by EGlideKid
It would play fine for about 60+ songs, then just search beyond that.
The skipping/search problem has to do with the album art attached to the mp3 files.

This problem drove me INSANE last year - I finally figured it out...

If you delete the album art - songs don't skip or search.

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/touri...-and-mp3s.html

Last edited by jayman720; 02-21-2009 at 08:37 AM. Reason: added link to original thread
Old 02-21-2009, 08:50 AM
speedkillsu2
Advanced

Originally Posted by RODEO
I heard that the volume is greatly affected when using an ipod through the aux. jack.
Yes it is if you go from the headphone jack to the aux jack. It limits the volume as that jack is designed around headphones. To get max volume, use the docking port. Do a search in ebay for "ipod dock audio cable".

Old 02-21-2009, 07:24 PM
iclick
Extreme HDF Member
Received 48 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by Trek
No problems with mine. I record at 128 kBit/s, 44.100 Hz. Good luck.
Same bitrate and sampling rate here, no problems. I suggest using 128 kb/s or less since I doubt if the keenest ears could hear the difference with all the extraneous noise that churns up around a MC. Plus, you get more songs per CD.

Old 02-21-2009, 08:23 PM
Stang951
Road Warrior
Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by PHREDD71
I run a mp3 cd pretty much all the time and have had no issues at any speed of the bike. I am not sure what bitrate I burned the CD, but I do recall the first time I burned a CD it had issues when I played it on the bike. I think I burned it at a high rate, 16X. Some songs would skip and not play.

So try burning the CD at a lower speed, say below 8X and see if that works. Your best bet would be 1X or 2X, but you can try faster.
I was having a problem with songs skipping when burned with Itunes, even at 2X. I found out through threads here and the V-twin forums that it was from pics attached to the songs. If you make a playlist for a disc in Itunes and then select all of them, select info and check the image box it will get rid of the images. Since I did this I have not had a problem.

Of Course Jayman beat me too this.....and I think that I got this figured out from his thread!!!!!

Old 02-21-2009, 08:26 PM
Stang951
Road Warrior
Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by speedkillsu2
To get max volume, use the docking port. Do a search in ebay for "ipod dock audio cable".
This will work great. I have already done it and could not believe the difference. It also improves the clarity a great deal. I just wish it would charge the darned thing too.

Old 02-21-2009, 08:37 PM
Rubbit
Road Captain

I run my ipod nano through my aux input and just put it in my fairing pouch and have not had a single problem in 1400 miles with no volume problems. a buddy with a 8g ipod said his would cut off with it stored in the same fairing pouch but his was on a 08 SG, he said it was because the fairing vibrated so much.

Quick Reply: MP3 Question for Bagger Riders