Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

MP3 Question for Bagger Riders

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2008, 01:22 PM
Mr Zip
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

heres what Ive found, for what its worth. I burn less songs on a CD, and I dont get the problems. If i jam up a 150 song CD, i always have a problem. If I do a 100 song CD, I hardly ever do. Try that and see if it helps.

I think the CD player has a limited amount of memory.

I don't use my Ipod hardly at all, unless im riding all day and making time. I like the hand controls too much.

Old 10-09-2008, 02:02 PM
Phurion
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by wassup8687
I play MP3's through my Zumo 550 plugged into the AUX port. Works great.
+1

Best setup I've ever run.

Old 10-09-2008, 02:18 PM
1Reaper
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Here is an easy clean ipod or mp3 player input I found, it was only $4 on ebay and works great with something small, I clipped my shuffle right onto it and its so small its almost part of the stereo. Just FYI, here are some pics and a link.

Input cable
http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-CAR-AUDIO-IN...6.c0.m14.l1318

Pics of my shuffle and input cable running on my stereo.

Old 10-09-2008, 02:38 PM
texan321
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I believe in the owners manual it says to burn CD's at 256....

Old 10-09-2008, 02:57 PM
RODEO
Outstanding HDF Member

If you use the IPOD, can you still use the handlebar controls to change tracks and volume?

Old 10-09-2008, 03:00 PM
Phurion
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Saturday Night Special
If you use the IPOD, can you still use the handlebar controls to change tracks and volume?
Nope.

Well, tracks, no. Volume, sorta.

Old 10-09-2008, 03:49 PM
Geoff
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 668 Likes on 414 Posts

I connect my iPod Nano to the aux input and use a Ram handlebar mount. I have separate Ram mount cradles for my iPod and GPS.

Old 10-09-2008, 04:21 PM
RODEO
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by Geoff
I connect my iPod Nano to the aux input and use a Ram handlebar mount. I have separate Ram mount cradles for my iPod and GPS.

Thats what I plan to use too! RAM mounts are nothing short of great (just over priced) and I have them on my boat and in my SUV. The stock Garmin windshield suction cups are garbage and expensive to replace (don't ask how I know) so I eventually bought that same RAM mount made for handlebars and installed it on the center emergency brake handle in my SUV. Now my GPS is lower and out of sight mostly and will never melt off like those cheezy suction cups do.

Old 10-09-2008, 04:31 PM
Txrealtor
Novice

Here's one of the things I do to maximize my ability to hear the tunes on my mp3 player at hiway speeds. Google "free mp3 gain". You'll find a free software download that you can use to increase the db level of the tunes. It's simple to use.....select/import your tunes into the program....run a track analysis on all tunes and you'll find that they were recorded at approx 87 db. Then set the track gain to boost them to 102db. Once that's done, delete all the tracks out of your mp3 and then reload it with the same tracks now that they've been through the gain program. At 80 mph on an '08 Road Glide I rarely have to adjust the volume over 3/4....and my hearing is pretty shot.
This info was given to me by PEZ when I bought Hogtunes speakers for my 05 Electra Glide a few years back. He's always willing to help you get the most out of your system.

Old 10-09-2008, 04:37 PM
1Reaper
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am trying this right now and hope it works!

Originally Posted by Txrealtor
Here's one of the things I do to maximize my ability to hear the tunes on my mp3 player at hiway speeds. Google "free mp3 gain". You'll find a free software download that you can use to increase the db level of the tunes. It's simple to use.....select/import your tunes into the program....run a track analysis on all tunes and you'll find that they were recorded at approx 87 db. Then set the track gain to boost them to 102db. Once that's done, delete all the tracks out of your mp3 and then reload it with the same tracks now that they've been through the gain program. At 80 mph on an '08 Road Glide I rarely have to adjust the volume over 3/4....and my hearing is pretty shot.
This info was given to me by PEZ when I bought Hogtunes speakers for my 05 Electra Glide a few years back. He's always willing to help you get the most out of your system.

Quick Reply: MP3 Question for Bagger Riders