Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Electraglide spotlights

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2006, 11:51 PM
Toytech
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Electraglide spotlights

OK, So the stock spotlights cast good side light and some improved closeup visability (just enough so you can see the bunny you are about to run over). What sources are there for a brighter and whiter replacement bulb assembly? This sure looks like a sealed item to me so no replacement "bulb only" kind of improvement. Somebody must make a upgrage sealed lamp.

Joe

Old 03-30-2006, 11:58 PM
jeepster09
Grand HDF Member
Received 7,826 Likes on 1,278 Posts
Default RE: Electraglide spotlights

Harley does. The below lights are the ones I have and I installed Piaa bulbs in them, they work great.

http://www.harley-davidson.com/gma/g...bmLocale=en_US

Old 03-31-2006, 10:19 AM
tcfamy
Cruiser

Joe,

I replaced the stock sealed lamps with the halogen bulb set. I find using a pair of 55w Hella yellow stars was a good combination. The beam pattern really lights up the road to either side and forward a good 100 yards. The softer yellow is less distracting to close up objects than bright white. so i don't have a hard time focusing down the road (an old timers thing). The slight yellow is very helpful in the rain, and an added plus is the reduced dazzle for oncoming traffic.

Tom

Old 03-31-2006, 12:30 PM
lil_gmac2
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ditto!
ORIGINAL: tcfamy

Joe,

I replaced the stock sealed lamps with the halogen bulb set. I find using a pair of 55w Hella yellow stars was a good combination. The beam pattern really lights up the road to either side and forward a good 100 yards. The softer yellow is less distracting to close up objects than bright white. so i don't have a hard time focusing down the road (an old timers thing). The slight yellow is very helpful in the rain, and an added plus is the reduced dazzle for oncoming traffic.

Tom

Old 03-31-2006, 02:59 PM
a21m
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Joe,

J&P Cycles has an aftermarket replacement bucket that will accept an H3 bulb that can be replaced as needed. The replacement lenses are $40 for clear, similar to the stock ones. p/n 330-433. I just ordered a pair for myself for an 05 ultra. I replaceed the stock headlight bulb with a sylvania silverstar #9003ST and it lights up the night.

Andy

Old 04-02-2006, 07:48 AM
Ram
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have the H-D replacement Part nr. 68208-98A on mine. Running Sylvinaia SilverStars 55watters each. What a difference. I'm thinking of going to the PIAA's for that Yellow Ion bulb. The SilverStars are quite bright.

Old 04-02-2006, 03:08 PM
Toytech
Tourer

For you folks that have replaced these with aftermarket units are they plug and play wiring or am I going to be cutt'n and splice'n?

Joe

Old 04-02-2006, 05:06 PM
HogBack
Road Master

As we add more and more stuff to our bikes, remember the watts and amp limits. If you have two up with full heated underware, even a light upgrade may test your system and you may have ride without your spotlights with everything on.

Old 04-02-2006, 06:11 PM
harleybob
Cruiser

Piaa , They have been in 2 other bikes. You get what you pay for. End of story. Bob.

Old 04-02-2006, 06:47 PM
liltrk
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

For you folks that have replaced these with aftermarket units are they plug and play wiring or am I going to be cutt'n and splice'n?

Joe

Plug and play, brother.

Quick Reply: Electraglide spotlights