Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2009 CVO RG Headlight Bezel

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2008 | 05:26 PM
Wally
Elite HDF Member

It just pops off.

Old 11-10-2008 | 05:51 PM
FLoTR
Road Master

Originally Posted by Wally
It just pops off.
from the top to the bottom or the bottom to the top? Do I need to try to squeeze it vertically? I can see the tabs but it looks like I need to put something in it and pry.

Old 11-10-2008 | 05:56 PM
FLoTR
Road Master

Originally Posted by Beemervet
You don't want to find out what will happen to the non-CVO lamps.
I love this bezel but I did the RG Euro headlight upgrade this year.
so whats that look like?

Old 11-14-2008 | 05:08 PM
Pastor John
Outstanding HDF Member

OK, so I got my SE bezel in from Zanotti's today and had a less than pain-free installation. The factory clear lens cover popped off OK, but the new bezel didn't want to go on. Turns out that the headlight housing frame was protruding enough that I couldn't get the lower tabs of the new bezel to go into the slots in the bottom of the headlight opening. I ended up adjusting the headlight downward via the adjustment screws in the inner fairing so that I could get enough clearance to mount the bezel. My headlights have always seemed to be aimed a little high, so perhaps I fixed two problems at the same time. It's raining here in Atlanta today so I didn't have the opportunity to check the new aim of the headlights, so I hope I haven't overcompensated just to be able to mount the bezel. In any event, the new bezel is installed and looks great. Definitely changed the appearance of the front end for the better!

Old 11-14-2008 | 05:11 PM
FLoTR
Road Master

you're so lucky. I'm just gonna let the dealer pop mine off. How many turns of adjustment did you go? I moved mine up a 1/4 of a turn but haven't been able to check mine out yet either.

Old 11-14-2008 | 05:15 PM
Pastor John
Outstanding HDF Member

I turned both adjustment screws counterclockwise (lower the aim) about two full turns. That seems like a lot. We'll see...

Old 11-14-2008 | 05:22 PM
FLoTR
Road Master

Originally Posted by Pastor John
I turned both adjustment screws counterclockwise (lower the aim) about two full turns. That seems like a lot. We'll see...
"rots a ruck." please let us know

Old 11-15-2008 | 07:28 AM
nedster
Road Master

Originally Posted by Pastor John
OK, so I got my SE bezel in from Zanotti's today and had a less than pain-free installation. The factory clear lens cover popped off OK, but the new bezel didn't want to go on. Turns out that the headlight housing frame was protruding enough that I couldn't get the lower tabs of the new bezel to go into the slots in the bottom of the headlight opening. I ended up adjusting the headlight downward via the adjustment screws in the inner fairing so that I could get enough clearance to mount the bezel. My headlights have always seemed to be aimed a little high, so perhaps I fixed two problems at the same time. It's raining here in Atlanta today so I didn't have the opportunity to check the new aim of the headlights, so I hope I haven't overcompensated just to be able to mount the bezel. In any event, the new bezel is installed and looks great. Definitely changed the appearance of the front end for the better!
Did you change the bulbs or did you keep the originals?

Old 11-15-2008 | 07:32 AM
blueride
Tourer
Smile Bezel

Lets see a picture, Pastor. I ordered mine from Zannotis, should be here any day now.

Old 11-15-2008 | 08:26 AM
Pastor John
Outstanding HDF Member

I didn't change the lamps - it will be interesting to see how long they last. I'm also interested to see how dirty it gets behind the bezel after a couple of months of road grime. Best "real" picture I have seen of it is on SprarkyO's post of his new Road Glide: Sparky's New Road Glide

Quick Reply: 2009 CVO RG Headlight Bezel