Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2009 CVO RG Headlight Bezel

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2008 | 01:22 PM
badbag
|
Tourer

Take the clear plastic cover off and snap this in it's place. It has a nice fit all the way around both headlights and snaps into the factory slots. It shouldn't impede the headlight adjustment at all.

Originally Posted by Kasper
Thanks for the compliments Saturday Night Special.
Your bike looks good too......I really like the color. I also really like the rear fender assembly now, much cleaner setup than what I have.
Got any modifications planned? I am sure you have seen plenty on this site to spark your imagination.

Old 10-13-2008 | 02:41 PM
heywood727
Road Master

Cool... Thanks, Then I shouldn't have to worry about changing out the euro- spec plate.

Thanks!

Old 10-13-2008 | 04:05 PM
Buddha4
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by heywood727
Cool... Thanks, Then I shouldn't have to worry about changing out the euro- spec plate.

Thanks!
You would just block the little bulb out.

Old 10-20-2008 | 11:10 PM
heywood727
Road Master

That's not much of an issue. I connected it for about 1 day and really hated the way it made the front end look. It made it look cheap IMHO.

Old 10-21-2008 | 09:40 AM
Beemervet
Ultimate HDF Member
Veteran: Army

Originally Posted by heywood727
That's not much of an issue. I connected it for about 1 day and really hated the way it made the front end look. It made it look cheap IMHO.
I switched out the euro bulb housings to the old plate.......no more little light.

Old 11-08-2008 | 11:11 AM
mslater741
Road Master

wanted an update from all you guys making the change...does it keep water from getting in your fairings ? how is it to clean ? any issues with the stock lamps breaking or scraching ? have you upgraded them to a different lite? what does that cost ?

Old 11-08-2008 | 11:16 AM
RODEO
Outstanding HDF Member

And, what is the little light everyone keeps referring to??

Old 11-08-2008 | 03:19 PM
LPFRAY
Cruiser

Originally Posted by mslater741
wanted an update from all you guys making the change...does it keep water from getting in your fairings ? how is it to clean ? any issues with the stock lamps breaking or scraching ? have you upgraded them to a different lite? what does that cost ?
Fits great, doesn't let in any more water than the clear lense since it covers the same area you are putting the bezel in and it cleans better than the lens since the painted bezel has clear coat and the lense doesn't. No problems with scratches, just clean it like you would any other headlight. Cost $43 MSRP and about $30 through Chicago HD. To me it looks better, and the cool factor far out weights the of what "ifs"

Old 11-09-2008 | 02:04 PM
dam
2nd Gear
Default Hardened lenses

I purchased a new 09 Road Glide in October and had them install the CVO bezel as part of the deal. They also ordered the hardened lens housings for me. While I was waiting for them to add all the other items to my bike my bike, I started looking at the cost of the two lenses. They were $243.00 each. I went back and spoke to my sales rep and asked if I could look at the parts so I could see why they were so expensive. We looked at them and there was no way the parts are worth the price they were trying to charge me. We started looking in the Screaming Eagle parts catalog to see if there could be some kind of mistake. He noticed there were also a set of housings for the Japanese models with the same hardened lenses. The cost for those were $43.00 each. He contacted the factory and asked if they made a mistake and they could not justify why the Japanese versions were less however they would not change the cost of the American versions.

We dug a little deeper and looked up the complete headlight assembly (which come with everything including the lamps) and found it was just over $200.00. He contacted the factory again and asked the reason why and they still insisted the individual part is $243.00 each. We went ahead and ordered the complete assembly and they gave me 10% off. I changed the assembly out when I changed the handlebars and by looking at them you couldn't tell the difference between the two. I don't think you would have to change them out right away but I did just because I had the assembly in hand. The assembly part number is; 69986-09.

Old 11-09-2008 | 08:18 PM
FLoTR
Road Master

Originally Posted by badbag
The 2009 CVO RG doesn't have the plastic light cover. I ordered a new 2009 CVO bezel and it snapped right in on my 2008 RG. It comes already painted black.
so how did u get da factory lense off ?

Last edited by FLoTR; 11-09-2008 at 08:33 PM. Reason: re-read

Quick Reply: 2009 CVO RG Headlight Bezel