Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

tour pack on a street glide?

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2008 | 01:42 PM
devilsdelight
Advanced

flying ace, do you have a parts list breakdown for everything you had to buy to put the ultra tour pack on your 2009 SG?

Old 10-08-2008 | 06:51 PM
flyingace
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by devilsdelight
flying ace, do you have a parts list breakdown for everything you had to buy to put the ultra tour pack on your 2009 SG?
Originally Posted by devilsdelight

52395-03: comfort stitch tourpak backrest
http://www.harley-davidson.com/gma/g...bmLocale=en_US

54205-09: four point docking hardware for 2009 2up tour pack

79071-09CYS: Street Glide style king tour pak (part number dependant on color)

53276-09: 2up tour pak mounting bracket for 2009

53194-07: tourpak lock (I know it says for CHOPPED tourpak...same lock either way)

Be aware that the truck will take 4-8 weeks (paint to order) and the lock will take forever. Seriously. Official lead time is 30 BUSINESS days. I STILL don't have mine.

Also, I just removed my antennae, so you wont see anything listed above for relocating it. At some point, I will put a Dakota Digital antennae inside the fairing.

Old 10-08-2008 | 09:24 PM
Wally
Elite HDF Member

I have cut down anntenas on my tour pac, they're maybe 10 inches long. I don't connect them when I put the pack on as I have a radio antenna inside the fairing and I don't use the CB. IMO, the cut down nonfunctonal antennas look better than the mounts with nothin' on them.

Old 10-08-2008 | 09:44 PM
biz44
Outstanding HDF Member

Hey FlyingAce......I almost **** myself when I seen your SG. That is one of the sweetest SG's on the planet!

Old 10-08-2008 | 10:35 PM
dgretz
Tourer
Default 07 SG w/ Tourpak

SG with Berkolounger for the wife.

Attached Thumbnails tour pack on a street glide?-hpim0131-a.jpg  
Old 10-09-2008 | 01:53 AM
scarylarry99
Intermediate
Default detach leather tour pak

I have a leather tour pak love it.

Attached Thumbnails tour pack on a street glide?-img_0001.jpg  
Old 10-09-2008 | 12:24 PM
flyingace
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by biz44
Hey FlyingAce......I almost **** myself when I seen your SG. That is one of the sweetest SG's on the planet!
Um, thanks? Not every day you hear your bike almost made someone soil themselvses.

hehehe

Old 10-09-2008 | 12:58 PM
devilsdelight
Advanced

Thanks flyingace for the parts breakdown..sorry i still have questions...when you order the king tourpack does it come with a backrest or do you have to still order one? you have speakers attached, what p/n is that and how do you have them hooked up? quick release connection? thanks for all your help...

Old 10-09-2008 | 03:23 PM
Toe Knee
Road Master

Originally Posted by scarylarry99
I have a leather tour pak love it.

Thank you VERY much for posting that picture!!!!!!

I specificly asked my dealer whether the leather tour pak would fit my 08 egs and they said no.....while getting my ducks in a row with part numbers for a color matched king pack I read the fine print and now realize that the leather tourpak WILL fit.

I, for some reason have always liked these and feel that although they have security issues, they look "different" then what everyone else has. I was actually going to get a premium leather one and shell out big dough just to look a little different but decided that it would be down right crazy to shell out that much coin for that model.

Again, thanks for posting the picture so now I can sell it to the 'boss'. she says it isn't an issue of not having arm rests and that it's a size issue.

She said "it is is a size issue honey"......where have I heard THAT before? LOL

Old 10-09-2008 | 03:29 PM
bigskyhd
Seasoned HDF Member

Put the chopped tour pak on my road king ultra glide, and I love it. But my wife wants the full armrest back rest like on the Ultra. Looking for one now on EBay. Your wife will love it I'm sure. Detachable backrest for her when not using the TP.

Quick Reply: tour pack on a street glide?