Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

tour pack on a street glide?

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2008 | 11:48 AM
bike_r_trash
Banned

I did the HD quick release set up. Added it before I took delivery - I liked the Street Glide looks, but tour too much to not have the Tour-Pak. It's easy on and off, but be warned - it will spend more time on the bike than you think. It's just too handy to have.

Old 10-08-2008 | 12:09 PM
Phurion
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by bike_r_trash
It's easy on and off, but be warned - it will spend more time on the bike than you think. It's just too handy to have.
Depends on the rider. I usually only put it on when I have a passenger, or going on longer rides where I need to take more items with me than will fit in the saddle bags. Otherwise it's hanging on the rack in the garage.

I usually travel pretty light (or let the wife haul my crap in her SUV while she follows since she doesn't enjoy 2-wheelin it =).

Old 10-08-2008 | 12:35 PM
johnkn
Tourer

I sure like the way those V&H Monster Ovals look. Just wish they were louder...

Old 10-08-2008 | 12:48 PM
rerb95
|
Road Warrior

thanks all for the info, I love the look of it, just wasnt sure what people did with the antenna spot on the tour pack? I love the look of the pack on the bike, and I know that you put a inside the fairing antenna on, but whats the deal with the antenna spot on the pack?

Thanks again, I really appreciate it and I"m sure my better half will also!
RJ

Old 10-08-2008 | 12:58 PM
flyingace
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by rerb95
thanks all for the info, I love the look of it, just wasnt sure what people did with the antenna spot on the tour pack? I love the look of the pack on the bike, and I know that you put a inside the fairing antenna on, but whats the deal with the antenna spot on the pack?

Thanks again, I really appreciate it and I"m sure my better half will also!
RJ
Nothing you can do. If you order ANY color scheme tour pack (Classic, Ultra, StreetGlide, Roadglide) with the exception of for a Road king, It WILL come with the antennae mount. Since the Road King does not come with a radio, that is the ONLY version of the tour pak that does not have the antennae mount. And of course, the Road King trunks are either two tone, or single color WITH pinstripes, neither of which will match your SG.

The only way to get a tourpak in a solid color, non pinstriped, WITHOUT the antennae mount, is to order one for a Road King and re-paint it yourself, or order a primered only version, and paint it yourself (and Im not 100 percent sure of that second one...whether or not it comes without the mount or not)

You cannot order a tourpak in a single solid color, with no stripes, without the antennae mount, from Harley.

Old 10-08-2008 | 01:00 PM
irons
Intermediate

Originally Posted by rerb95
I'm sure someone will have more info than this. But the RK(?) tourpack will fit a SG and doesn't have the antennae mount. I plan on doing the same, with the fairing antennae. But can't find which one of the many bookmarks it is in now.

Old 10-08-2008 | 01:12 PM
quackhead
Road Master

harley makes a antenna relocation kit that moves it down between the saddle bag and fender. i put this on mine and cut the antenna down so it doesnt hit bottom of the tour pack. here is link to it

http://www.harley-davidson.com/gma/g...bmLocale=en_US

i put on sundowner seat whenever tourpack is on (which isnt very much) and also moved the tourpack back 2 1/2" with the bracket from george anderson....this made a big difference.

Old 10-08-2008 | 01:12 PM
devilsdelight
Advanced
Default SG w/ Tour Pack

How did you wire up the rear speakers on the tour pack?
flyingace, very nice bike!

Old 10-08-2008 | 01:15 PM
mattman22033
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by irons
I'm sure someone will have more info than this. But the RK(?) tourpack will fit a SG and doesn't have the antennae mount.
Yes the RK version King tourpak will fit as the detachable mounting kit is the same for all the touring bikes. What ww1flyingace is saying that you cannot order an RK version King tourpak in a plain solid color. I assume he looked into it at the dealer.

On all my tourpaks I have the brakelight wing. I like having an extra light/brakelight back there so people hopefully won't run into me. Also I had my indy extend the wire for the wing light to it quick detaches right under the tourpak...otherwise you have to remove the seat and detach it which is a PITA.

Old 10-08-2008 | 01:36 PM
Garemlin
Ultimate HDF Member

I have the King Tour pak with detachable hardware, contoured luggage rack, molded liner and side wall organizer. Wife loves the comfort of the backrest and I love the convenience of the extra storage. I have actually only had it off once since installing. As far as the antenna I didn't bother with relocation or hidden because I never listen to FM radio. See below for what I did.

This is what I did for the antenna mount

The following users liked this post:
Steelie68 (10-27-2022)

Quick Reply: tour pack on a street glide?