Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Heated Gloves? What do I need to know..

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2008, 03:58 AM
Captain Itch
Sponsor
Received 616 Likes on 332 Posts
Default Heated Gloves? What do I need to know..

Looking for a pair of heated gloves for this winter.any comments one way or the other? do they really work? I would need a pair of XL-XXL.

Old 10-07-2008, 04:43 AM
EdwardK
Road Warrior
Received 306 Likes on 226 Posts

Get them!

Get the jacket liner as well. I'd give up any piece of chrome on my bike before I'd give up my heated gear.

Get the dual thermostat so you can have some adjustment. Without it, they are on full blast all the time. You'll have to keep turning it on and off to keep from burning up.

Old 10-07-2008, 04:48 AM
Sandcrab
Stellar HDF Member
Received 392 Likes on 232 Posts
Default Gloves

I went on a ride with a group of riders and at the first stop, I was complaining about how cold my fingers were. One of the riders said he had a pair of Gerbing heated gloves that I could use, but I was hesitant. He said that he bought the heated grips and did not need them anymore. Since I was looking to buy some, he said try them and if you like them you can go buy some. Well I tried them and they really worked. The down side is they are so big that your hand gets tired especially the clutch hand from having to reach so far to clear the lever. So if you have a fairing around your hands, look at heated grips first. If you ride a cheap MC like mine, (Deuce) buy the gloves. There are two styles of the Gerbing gloves, thick and really thick. I have the "really thick" and now wonder whether I should have tried the thick ones instead. But I ended up buying the gloves from the guy I was riding with and the price was right.

Old 10-07-2008, 05:49 AM
skootchnc
Grand HDF Member
Veteran: Air Force
Received 503 Likes on 261 Posts

I always said electric gear was for wusses.....then I tried some.... I have the Gerbing old style gloves, Jacker liner, and dual controller.
Over the yeas, I've spent FAR greater on gloves, liners, insulated overalls, riding suits etc... and I was always cold.... had I just sucked it, and gone electric, it would have been a lot less expensive.

Get the jacket liner, instead of the vest, and the dual controller is a MUST... after a few minutes, I have the gloves turned down to half of the jacket, and the jacket is backed way off as well.... and I'm still toasty... if I get cold.... it's just a twist of a **** to be warm again...

Old 10-07-2008, 05:52 AM
HDUltraRider
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Got to have them if you are in an area that has a cold winter it will no only extend your riding season but make it year round. My only recommendation would be get gerbing and go directly to Gerbing the OEM stuff they make for Harley there is less heating elements and it is moved further away from the iner surffice there for they items do not get as hot. I was told this by a Gerbing rep, he stated it was based on Harley's OEM specs.

Old 10-07-2008, 06:21 AM
dgriffith
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

DITTO, On what all the folks said about Gerbings. Wife and I both have the heated jacket liners with dual controllers. She would be upset if something happened to her heated jacket. She loves it. I have a pair of the G3 gloves, Yes they were a little bulky at first to operate the clutch, but like any leather item it took but a short time to make them fit the contour of clutch and grip. I would not hesitate in buying another pair if something happened to mine.With the onset of aching hands, the heat really feels good. Now the pants liners is a different story. I'm opting for the over pants.

Old 10-07-2008, 06:46 AM
Dennydp
Elite HDF Member
Received 15 Likes on 4 Posts

Gerbing has more then one style of gloves.They also have battery(not bikes) gloves.Check out their website

Old 10-07-2008, 06:49 AM
Captain Itch
Sponsor
Received 616 Likes on 332 Posts

Thank you all for the great info..but then that is what this forum is all about.

Old 10-07-2008, 07:02 AM
Bluzmn59
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

My wife and I are going to invest in the Gerbings stuff this year. What are y'all doing for power? The battery-powered stuff is out because we ride too long for the battery life. I have seen several options for power and I am interested in what people on here are using.

Old 10-07-2008, 07:03 AM
peppi
Road Captain
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

The gerbing G3 are the way to go. They are more flexible than the other ones in the lineup, get the temp controller also, well worth the money. I have them and wouldn't give them up for double the price.

Quick Reply: Heated Gloves? What do I need to know..