Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Road King Classic Tunes

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2008, 11:57 AM
Aces&Eights
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Eagletalon,
I would like to see some more pictures of your install, I also have 16" Ape hangers on my Road King and I would like to stay away from the a removable fairing. On a different note, how do you like the short windshield on the windy days? Do you notice a difference?

Old 10-10-2008, 12:47 AM
eagletalon
Advanced

Originally Posted by Aces&Eights
Eagletalon,
I would like to see some more pictures of your install, I also have 16" Ape hangers on my Road King and I would like to stay away from the a removable fairing. On a different note, how do you like the short windshield on the windy days? Do you notice a difference?
i will take more pic`s as soon as it`s off the lift getting a new belt,progressive 12" shocks & 1.5" lower front. as far as the (SE winshield) it`s nice to have on windy days or haulen a*$ on the long runs. it serves it`s purpose well ! also i like the look. I will get back with you soon on the pic`s and a walk thru of any ??? for the sound system. C-ya.

Attached Thumbnails Road King Classic Tunes-my-rk-025.jpg   Road King Classic Tunes-my-rk-029.jpg  
Old 10-10-2008, 01:24 AM
Emporers New Clothes
Cruiser

ok the I-pod thing is a great install however I set up a bar clamp setup (chrome) that I placed a large strip of velcro on the back of the length of the I-pod and the bracket plate. then I got me some of these Rumble Road self amplified speakers from these guys..

http://www.mhinstruments.com/index.html

I put the premium kit on and even at speeds of 85mph I can still hear it pretty well I do plan on adding the lids from Loud Lids as soon as I can justify another Grand. check it out. I also added the cigarett lighter plug to the side cover and got a nice charging cord thet even has a FM modulator and my buddy has a batwing fairing with a radio and he tunes in to the modulators frequency and as long as he's within about twenty feet he can stay in tune with me and listen to my tunes. Sharing the road and the tunes.

Old 10-10-2008, 08:20 AM
lockshop
Tourer

I have a 05 RK, I am looking into tunes also. Below is what on my list to do for the winter.

1. Vented lowers
2. Hog tunes speakers for lowers (speakers only)
3. Ipod mount
4. Small amp. Ebay has one you can run your Ipod thru a USB port and control the volume.
5. Quick diconnects so I can ride without lowers.

Old 10-10-2008, 08:49 AM
bikerbehaviorist
Road Master

I used the rumble road on a heritage and a road king but they were just not enough. So I eventually bought a dead center fairing. It was similar to the others and a bit of hard choice, but in the end a sale at Holister and the lock for security sold me on the dead center. I love it. Future plans for an amp, lowers with hogtunes speakers or the loud lids if my wallet can afford it :-)

Old 10-16-2008, 01:03 AM
eagletalon
Advanced

Originally Posted by Aces&Eights
Eagletalon,
heres some pics but not in detail let me know if this intrest you & i will go over the install. i still need to harness/clean up on the wires a bit

note: all my leathers in the amp side of bag. still pleanty of room in my bags if any more is needed i just throw on the lugage rack

Attached Thumbnails Road King Classic Tunes-102_1574.jpg   Road King Classic Tunes-102_1575.jpg   Road King Classic Tunes-102_1586.jpg   Road King Classic Tunes-102_1587.jpg  

Last edited by eagletalon; 10-16-2008 at 01:06 AM.
Old 10-16-2008, 01:51 AM
SoCal_Pappy
Elite HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Get a aftermarket Fairing... I have and friends have tried a few different Hang-on sets on our Road Kings and None of them were any good at Hwy Speed.
Friend hung-on a DragonFly Fairing and I can hear his tunes riding behind him @ 80MPH+