Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Oil Filter ?

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2008, 10:06 PM
ngoti8tor
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by RBWIDE
ngoti8tor: I have been looking at one of the K&P filters pretty seriously myself. Just wondering if you noticed a bump in oil pressure and a decrease in oil temp after you put yours on? Got any numbers you'd care to share? Thanks.
Sorry, but I haven't installed mine yet. I only have 5,500km (3,400 miles) on my bike so far, and I'm waiting for my next service at the end of this season, then I'm going to take it to the dealer for the service and oil change, then I'm going to use the dealer's Syn3 to flush out my engine and install the K&P Engineering filter and put Amsoil 20W50 in it.

I researched the K&P filter and I liked what I saw. I know a mechanic that runs a shop, and he puts one on every bike that goes out his door.

It's flow rate is 7 times better than an OEM, easier on the engine because the oil pump doesn't have to work as hard, has a bypass valve in it (which won't come into play as often as an OEM filter because of the better flow rate at start-up), it comes in different style cases (black, chrome, or aluminum), has fins on the outside that help with cooling, and has a magnet on the element so you can check it out each oil change and find out things before major damage is done to the engine. It was expensive, but I don't care because it's a once in a lifetime expense, and it'll help my engine run better and longer.

Here's the link again for anyone interested in a good filter:
http://www.motorcycle.com/products/k...ter-71983.html