Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

EZ Detail Brush.

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2008, 11:00 AM
anubisss
Banned
Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

I find that type of tool to be unnecessary while washing the bike. I wet the bike and hit it with s100 or simple green or whatever detergent, and then hit the hard to reach areas with a long bristle paint brush to spread the detergent around. Rinse thoroughly and blow dry. Apply purple slice afterward. There is really no need to scrub the bike as with a good detergent the dirt practically falls right off and the hose will get the rest. People make this far more complicated than it has to be. Keep it simple...Stupid!

Old 10-10-2008, 11:19 AM
mariner227
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I bought one at MBBW in May. It is the best $20.00 that I've spent in a while. The handle could be a little stiffer but other than that this thing is a real time saver. I use a different cone shaped brush for the spokes on my ultra. The ez detail brush gets in to tight places and does not damage the paint. It cuts my wash time in half. Try one you will like it!

Old 10-10-2008, 04:41 PM
scg1953
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by anubisss
I find that type of tool to be unnecessary while washing the bike. I wet the bike and hit it with s100 or simple green or whatever detergent, and then hit the hard to reach areas with a long bristle paint brush to spread the detergent around. Rinse thoroughly and blow dry. Apply purple slice afterward. There is really no need to scrub the bike as with a good detergent the dirt practically falls right off and the hose will get the rest. People make this far more complicated than it has to be. Keep it simple...Stupid!
++1 for Purple Slice. I can tell you are from So. Cal. since you are the first i've seen ( besides me ) recommend it. GREAT STUFF !!

Old 10-10-2008, 06:39 PM
Mathews2
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by anubisss
So what exactly makes using a paint brush more simple than using the detail brush or any other kinda brush for that matter. while I will agree that the paint brush will work, what makes it so much better or more simple????

Old 10-11-2008, 11:22 PM
Dispatch
Road Warrior

Received 531 Likes on 273 Posts

Originally Posted by Mathews2
So what exactly makes using a paint brush more simple than using the detail brush or any other kinda brush for that matter. while I will agree that the paint brush will work, what makes it so much better or more simple????
Good Point.