Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Going w/ Monster Ovals True......

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2008, 07:01 AM
bdp
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Going w/ Monster Ovals True......

Well fellows, I've made up my mind to go with the V&H True Duals and Monster Ovals.

Next week I will have some SE slip ons for sale. The # is 80490-07 if anyone wants to check them out.

Old 10-04-2008, 12:02 PM
Chula
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am interested in the M Ovals. Let us know how you like them.

Old 10-04-2008, 04:28 PM
r8rs4lf
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bdp
Well fellows, I've made up my mind to go with the V&H True Duals and Monster Ovals.

Next week I will have some SE slip ons for sale. The # is 80490-07 if anyone wants to check them out.
That's the way I want to go, but the true duals are not available for the '09's as of yet. The person I talked to told me it's not anywhere near either.

As for the Monster Ovals, I just installed the '09 set this morning and started it up. Man, what a great sound they have. It almost doesn't sound like a bike, kind of like some flowmasters like on my truck. I'm soo glad I went with these.

Old 10-04-2008, 08:38 PM
bdp
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Now you got me exited!

Old 10-04-2008, 09:10 PM
crp5
Cruiser

I put them on my 09 a few weeks ago and they sound FANTSTIC !!! When I fire my bike up in the garage it sounds like a Huey helicopter coming in for a landing....thump thump thump. Very deep rumble and remains deep even at wide open throttle. (well not quite wide open...still breaking it in.)

Old 10-05-2008, 04:56 AM
IndyRider
Road Captain

I just replaced my V&H Ovals with the Monster Ovals. I also have the V&H Dresser duals. I think for me, I have found the perfect combination.

My Ovals were just too loud for me. The new Monsters are not as loud but have a very deep sound to them. From idle through acceleration to highway cruising they sound great. Glad I made the swap.

Old 10-05-2008, 06:06 AM
Ultra 08
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by bdp

Let us know how they sound. I'm thinking about switching from the SE's to the MO's. I like the SE's, but they just crack too much when really getting on the throttle. The sound clip in another post here on the forum sounds about right, but I'd like to know about the sound at full throttle on the interstate at higher speeds. Hope you like them and keep us informed.

Old 10-06-2008, 06:17 PM
Ultra 08
Elite HDF Member

Got the MO's on yet?

Old 10-06-2008, 06:55 PM
IndyRider
Road Captain

Yes, I got them on this past weekend. I really like them. A lot deeper sound but not as loud as the Ovals. I took them for a 100 mile ride Sunday and I think I have found the perfect setup for me. My ride was both in town, country roads and some super slab. When I twist the throttle you know they are there but not the higher pitch sound of the Ovals. MO have a deep sound it idle and through the gears.

Expensive but I am done buying pipes now. I may get it re-tuned next spring but the bike still seems to run as good as it did.

Last edited by IndyRider; 10-06-2008 at 06:57 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 10-06-2008, 07:00 PM
Bruno
Advanced

I did the SE air kit, VH True Duals, Monster OVals and the VH Fuelpak. Runs much cooler, wife does not complain about heat off the rear jug, nor do I. Sound is awesome. Little louder than I expected, but I am cool with it. Hope you enjoy them.

Quick Reply: Going w/ Monster Ovals True......