Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

'09 V&H black Monster Ovals are in!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2008, 11:17 AM
hawg03
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just put on a set on my 09 RG. Great sounding, not loud mufflers. One thing I did notice was that the first time I ran them to normal operating temp, boy did they smoke! I pulled over thinking I blew a gasket or something!!! Now they're fine. I ran VH Ovals and Thunderheaders before. VH Ovals are louder, TH are the loudest. My .02.

Old 10-12-2008, 12:54 PM
RODEO
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by hawg03
Just put on a set on my 09 RG. Great sounding, not loud mufflers. One thing I did notice was that the first time I ran them to normal operating temp, boy did they smoke! I pulled over thinking I blew a gasket or something!!! Now they're fine. I ran VH Ovals and Thunderheaders before. VH Ovals are louder, TH are the loudest. My .02.
Where did you buy them?? I cant find anyone selling them for 09?

Old 10-12-2008, 01:36 PM
hawg03
Road Captain

The dealer here (Dudley Perkins SF) got them for me...less than a week.

Old 10-12-2008, 07:25 PM
D34
Tourer

Any prices on them? They are the best looking slip-on I have seen.

Old 10-12-2008, 07:34 PM
cabbage
Tourer

that really looks good with the denim black paint....i cant believe they dont have denim black for the flhx, seems like a natural color for the street glide look.

Old 10-12-2008, 07:43 PM
D34
Tourer

I agree cabbage. It does seem like a natural fit.

Old 10-12-2008, 07:51 PM
fathertime
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i really like those..this damn forum just keeps costing me more and more money!!!

Old 10-12-2008, 10:02 PM
r8rs4lf
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by IRready
Post some more pics now thAT all the heat shields are on. Fricken SWEET LOOKING RIDE!
I still haven't got the shields from Jet hot. Should be sometime this coming week. I said the hell with it and took it out before I got them back because initially, I was going to wait.

Originally Posted by jkoch09ultra
They look awsome. Do you know if the added or detracted from low end torque? I put Rush on my 09 and am VERY happy with the low end torque. I want to get MO's in the future but don't want to loose the performance.
I can only tell you from the seat of the pants. It feels to me like it runs ALOT better. Heat issues are gone and throttle seems crisper now.

Originally Posted by Saturday Night Special
Anyone know where to get or order the 09 MOs? V&H website syas they are available, but I cannot find anyone who carried the 2009 model. I'm looking for #16753
I got mine from the HD dealership and I think they got them from Drag Specialties.

Originally Posted by hawg03
Same thing happened to me. Smoke city!!!! After a while, it just burned off. It does seem like they have gotten louder since being new, which is great.

Originally Posted by D34
Any prices on them? They are the best looking slip-on I have seen.
I paid $782.00 + tax. Your going to find they are probably high right now since they have just been released.

Originally Posted by cabbage
that really looks good with the denim black paint....i cant believe they dont have denim black for the flhx, seems like a natural color for the street glide look.
I thought the same thing. Why not have the option of flat for the SG? That's exactly why I went with the standard, plus it will allow me to do what I want without wasting money on things I don't want/need.

Old 10-12-2008, 10:11 PM
bigskyhd
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 50 Likes on 5 Posts

Very interested in the $$ for the Monster Oval Mufflers? Anyone with a smokin' deal? At $700+ that's a little spendy for mufflers where I come from....I saw a thread that said EBay vendor had em for $600 but was concerned about how reputable they were. Advise?

Old 10-12-2008, 11:49 PM
IRready
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by r8rs4lf
I paid $782.00 + tax. Your going to find they are probably high right now since they have just been released.
They are the nicest looking pipes I have seen for touring models, but at $782 my JackPot pipes look and sound pretty good for $299!! LOL!

Quick Reply: '09 V&H black Monster Ovals are in!!!!!!