Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My 09 Orange RD finaly had a V.I.N.

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2008 | 09:23 PM
LPFRAY
|
Cruiser
Smile My 09 Orange RD finaly had a V.I.N.

I have been waiting for 2 months to get this bike in. I sold my 03 RG to my buddy 2 months ago in the hope to afford the SERG, but could not swing the 500 a month payments for 7 years, so I did the next best thing and ordered an Orange 09 Road Glide.
I have purchased about $5000 worth of bells and whistles for a bike I do not have yet, but it does have VIN now. I am getting the 103" with HQ 500 cams and a black heavy breather. I am also blackingout the bike somewhat like the SG on page 356 and 715 of the 09 HD parts and accessories, then putting it back together with chrome bolts. I also am lowering the rear end, adding the Brawler seat, color matched inner fairing, a 12" klock werks windshield and my most favorite piece, the black headlight bezel that you see on the SERG! That was one of the reasons I sold my 03 to try and get the SERG. The other was the sweet rear end in the SERG. That is my next project. Open roads here I come.

Old 10-03-2008 | 11:18 PM
Yachtman
Road Warrior

Damn! I'm already drooling all over the kitchen counter! I would love to buy a CVO RG in the Orange color combo. My dealer can't get them, but was nice enough to suggest that I buy a left over black 2008 RG that had some super chrome, and bump up the engine and a 7 speed Baker. How that gets meclose to an Orange 2009 CVO RG is beyond me.

Still drooling over that description of your new bike. Enjoy it!

Last edited by Yachtman; 10-03-2008 at 11:18 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 10-04-2008 | 12:09 AM
bigskyhd
Seasoned HDF Member

Well, I for one, am waiting anxiously to see the finished product....

Old 10-04-2008 | 01:28 AM
kwoozn
Road Captain

Originally Posted by LPFRAY
I have been waiting for 2 months to get this bike in. I sold my 03 RG to my buddy 2 months ago in the hope to afford the SERG, but could not swing the 500 a month payments for 7 years, so I did the next best thing and ordered an Orange 09 Road Glide.
I have purchased about $5000 worth of bells and whistles for a bike I do not have yet, but it does have VIN now. I am getting the 103" with HQ 500 cams and a black heavy breather. I am also blackingout the bike somewhat like the SG on page 356 and 715 of the 09 HD parts and accessories, then putting it back together with chrome bolts. I also am lowering the rear end, adding the Brawler seat, color matched inner fairing, a 12" klock werks windshield and my most favorite piece, the black headlight bezel that you see on the SERG! That was one of the reasons I sold my 03 to try and get the SERG. The other was the sweet rear end in the SERG. That is my next project. Open roads here I come.
How close are you to the '09 SE/RG on price with all your doing?
I looked at a SE in Wichita a month or so ago, the price was around 31K or so I believe.
Not much to add to the bike looked like they did it right.
Do the regular RG's have the fender fillers with the t-lites built in?
Have not seen a pic of the rear yet!
Congrats on the new scoot!
Where in Oz are located?

Old 10-04-2008 | 03:35 AM
DZLDR
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by LPFRAY
I have purchased about $5000 worth of bells and whistles for a bike I do not have yet, Open roads here I come.
I ain't no financial whiz by any means, but why the hell would anyone pay 5 grand for extras and not put that money "down" on the bike to reduce the monthly payments and the loan term length?
Worst of all, you didn't even buy the bike you wanted, you are setteling for something less.
I hope it all works out for you. Enjoy those "open roads" ahead.

Old 10-04-2008 | 08:43 AM
LPFRAY
|
Cruiser
Smile

Originally Posted by DZLDR
I ain't no financial whiz by any means, but why the hell would anyone pay 5 grand for extras and not put that money "down" on the bike to reduce the monthly payments and the loan term length?
Worst of all, you didn't even buy the bike you wanted, you are setteling for something less.
I hope it all works out for you. Enjoy those "open roads" ahead.

I would have been settleing if I were to get the SERG. I would have spent all that money on just the bike and spent the $5000, money wife gave me to spend on bells and whistles for the bike which ever one I bought. Not only that but even thought the SERG is an awesome bike, there are still 4500 out there just like it. I have put money down and did reduce the payment, but who likes to keep it stock, hence the $5000 pics forth coming

Old 10-04-2008 | 08:48 AM
LPFRAY
|
Cruiser
Cool

Originally Posted by kwoozn
I looked at a SE in Wichita a month or so ago, the price was around 31K or so I believe.
Where in Oz are located?
Yes the price was 31k, but 35k out the door with all the extras, tax, title, set up and right now I am about 10k below the SERG price. The work is not done yet so final cost may very, but it should be close.
No they do not have the fender fillers, infact you can not get the color matched ones from HD in the orange color for the road glide, also in Wichita, so you know the dealer where I am getting it from. Good shop honest for the most part and better than the previous one.

Old 10-04-2008 | 08:54 AM
RODEO
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by kwoozn
Where in Oz are located?
Here's an 09 standard FLTR shown from the rear. Saw afterwards your question was about the SE. oops..

Last edited by RODEO; 10-04-2008 at 09:03 AM.
Old 10-04-2008 | 12:17 PM
Chula
Outstanding HDF Member

Congrats and post some pics.