Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pre-2009 with stabilizer vs. the new frame...

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2008, 08:11 PM
Youngeezer
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pre-2009 with stabilizer vs. the new frame...

I know everyone here is sick to death of discussing stabilizers. I've looked through all the threads I can find, and done lot's o reading. Great information, and lots of helpful folks, but hadn't seen this particular question posed, though, so here goes:

Has anyone who owns a touring bike with (insert your favorite stabilizer here) installed also spent any significant time riding a 2009 of the same model for comparison? The reason I ask is that the main reason I'd trade up to a 2009 at this point is for the new frame and it's better handling. If my 2006 Ultra can get real close with a stabilizer, I'd rather keep it and save the $$$..

Thanks!

Old 10-03-2008, 08:24 PM
harleyrobert4
Cruiser

Sorry to hear you are tired of forum questions, maybe it's time you found a different forum. The people who ask the questions either enjoy the bike they have, don't want to spend the extra money on a new bike, or just plain can't afford a new bike right now. I'm sure everyone here is happy you have a new motorcycle, but please don't pee on someone else for trying to better the safety of their great motorcycle. Oh, by the way, my Bagger Brace works great.

Old 10-03-2008, 08:28 PM
RBWIDE
Road Master
Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by harleyrobert4
Sorry to hear you are tired of forum questions, maybe it's time you found a different forum. The people who ask the questions either enjoy the bike they have, don't want to spend the extra money on a new bike, or just plain can't afford a new bike right now. I'm sure everyone here is happy you have a new motorcycle, but please don't pee on someone else for trying to better the safety of their great motorcycle. Oh, by the way, my Bagger Brace works great.

Maybe you need to re-read the guys post??? I didn't get what you're picking up on at ALL from what he wrote...

Old 10-03-2008, 08:31 PM
Bean Dip
Cruiser

........... are you OK buddy? Do you need someone to talk too???

Old 10-03-2008, 08:32 PM
harleyrobert4
Cruiser

Youggeezer....My Bad, I read too deep into your message
RBWIDE....Thanks for correcting me, good catch

Old 10-03-2008, 08:32 PM
Bluesssman
Elite HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You really need to pay attention. REREAD THE GUYS POST! He did not do any of the things you claim he did.

youngeezer, I am sorry for harleyrobert4's rudeness.

Old 10-03-2008, 08:36 PM
Bean Dip
Cruiser

I wouldn't mind trying a stabilizer. I came from the world of R-1's and GSXR's prior to my life as a bagger pilot. My SG (that I LOVE) sometimes feels floppier than a soggy pancake when I step up the pace while out riding. I'd love to "tighten it up" so to speak. I'd appreciate some advice as well..........................

Old 10-03-2008, 08:54 PM
Trock
Outstanding HDF Member

So are you having a problem with your 06?

Old 10-03-2008, 09:01 PM
tobyhd1
Tourer

Eventually ,someone will answer your question.I haven`t even seen an `09 yet so I`m out.Toby

Old 10-03-2008, 09:12 PM
Jinks
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Youngeezer
I know everyone here is sick to death of discussing stabilizers. I've looked through all the threads I can find, and done lot's o reading. Great information, and lots of helpful folks, but hadn't seen this particular question posed, though, so here goes:

Has anyone who owns a touring bike with (insert your favorite stabilizer here) installed also spent any significant time riding a 2009 of the same model for comparison? The reason I ask is that the main reason I'd trade up to a 2009 at this point is for the new frame and it's better handling. If my 2006 Ultra can get real close with a stabilizer, I'd rather keep it and save the $$$..

Thanks!
I have an '07 FLTR & have ridden the '09 FLTR. If the frame is the only reason for makin' the change, save your money & buy a stabilizer. I have the TWR & it makes the frame as stable as the '09. The new frames also don't have enough miles to determine if they'll stay solid. They do ride stable, but no more so than your '06 with a stabilizer.

If you're havin' problems with your '06, want ABS, crave a 96" motor, have a burning desire for the new wheels & bigger tire, or want a seat that's higher off the ground, then you might want to look into a trade. But on a cost basis for a $300 stabilizer versus an entire bike there isn't any difference except cost.

Quick Reply: Pre-2009 with stabilizer vs. the new frame...