Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Removing crash bars???

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2008, 04:10 PM
Beeracuda
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by scg1953
Hey ! We could talk forever ( I'm not only a Harley guy but also a Mopar Guy... 67 Dart GT, son just sold his very fast 67 Coronet to get his first Harley.
Nice Car you got there
Our car does OK... not nearly at fast as Bryan TTM's car was. We have had best of 8.90 at 150 mph. In that picture, it carried the front wheels about 100'.

Hijack mode off.

Old 10-02-2008, 04:14 PM
scg1953
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry !! I couldn't help the MOPAR thing. And by looking at my last couple of posts I can't even spell Harley.

Old 10-02-2008, 10:20 PM
Marsh
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by scg1953
Marsh, I wen't back and looked at the pic of your bike. WHY would you want to repaint it? That color looks great. Even if you did change the bags and take the bars off.... just kidding you about the bars & Bags... nice bike!!
Well scg, Thanks for the compliment. I'm not particularly anxious to re-paint, but I have never been 100% sold on blue scoots. It's a beautiful paint job, but I've always been partial to black or red scoots. In fact, every bike I've owned, and I've owned close to 20, have been red or black. Now that I think about it, I did own briefly a emerald green Low Rider.
The rear bag bars are coming off this weekend and then I'll decide on the front.
I hesitate to say this for fear of bad luck, but I haven't dropped a bike since 1965 when I went from a 350 Yamaha to a 750 Norton. Wasn't used to that big a bike and only weighed 140lbs. Fortunatly it went down in soft dirt, so no harm done.
Now I'm going to go knock on wood and throw salt over my sholder for good luck. I'm an old baseball player and still superstitious.
Marsh

Old 10-02-2008, 10:36 PM
harley-jones
Road Warrior
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Beeracuda
No nautical theme here...The Beeracuda is my racecar.

The car is a Barracuda and my partner, driver and I are all homebrewers, hence the name Beeracuda...
What times are you running? I love the picture. Never mind I found it in the above post! Nice ride.

Last edited by harley-jones; 10-02-2008 at 10:44 PM.
Old 10-02-2008, 10:40 PM
jcbpa
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I add nothing of consequence,but I add nontheless. I've laid the bike down 2x in the garage and once a uturn. Slow deliberate moves, and purely op error, but withouth the guards, I 'm done forl

Old 10-02-2008, 10:55 PM
Yachtman
Road Warrior
Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

Marsh,

Thanks for the compliment. Luxury Rich Red, just in case!!

Beeracuda,

Nice red ride! Back in the day...!...... I used to have a 1975 Vega Hatch, in Chevy Orange!, that had a Motion Performance 350 small block that used to run low 9's. Usually 9:36s @ around 140+/-.

Reaper,

That's an awesome looking ride. I'd be scared to sit on it w/o the bars. Whoaaaaaaaaaaaa!

Old 10-02-2008, 10:56 PM
zoozoo
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 31,583 Likes on 8,452 Posts

Guys, sooner or later your going to drop them. It happens to everyone if you own and ride one. There are many Harley riders who have thrown their back out trying to stop that fall to the pavement. Guards are your friend.

Old 10-02-2008, 11:07 PM
bigskyhd
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 50 Likes on 5 Posts

Yes, it do look goooood without em, but I lean toward the advise from jcbpa. Haven't gone down yet (knock on wood) but I'm not naive enough to think it couldn't happen....

Old 10-03-2008, 12:10 AM
superglide06
Tourer

glad i had mine on last weekend as i was doing a tight slow turn and went over...scuffed the crash bars a little

Old 10-03-2008, 12:01 PM
scg1953
Tourer

Originally Posted by Marsh
Well scg, Thanks for the compliment. I'm not particularly anxious to re-paint, but I have never been 100% sold on blue scoots. It's a beautiful paint job, but I've always been partial to black or red scoots. In fact, every bike I've owned, and I've owned close to 20, have been red or black. Now that I think about it, I did own briefly a emerald green Low Rider.
The rear bag bars are coming off this weekend and then I'll decide on the front.
I hesitate to say this for fear of bad luck, but I haven't dropped a bike since 1965 when I went from a 350 Yamaha to a 750 Norton. Wasn't used to that big a bike and only weighed 140lbs. Fortunatly it went down in soft dirt, so no harm done.
Now I'm going to go knock on wood and throw salt over my sholder for good luck. I'm an old baseball player and still superstitious.
Marsh
Well I have to admit that mine is black but I have seen a few blue bikes lately that look really good. As for the not dropping... I had NEVER dropped a street bike before and when it was on it's way down my stomach was going with it.
Like the farmer said when the cow died... "Gee she never did that before". Just kiddin' ya, your bike is going to look goo no mater what you do.

Quick Reply: Removing crash bars???