Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

grips with diferent diameter in 09, why?

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2008, 07:38 PM
Solitario
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default grips with diferent diameter in 09, why?

I have a new 09 road king classic. the grips are diferent, the right grip has a smaller diameter than the left grip. can anybody tell my why? maybe because of the electronic throttle?

does 08 has different diameter grips too? can anybody please check it?

I would like to know if this only happends with stock grips or if I buy nostalgic grips I will have the same problem.

09 has a very strange grip feeling to me and I would like to solve this "problem"

by the way... will nostalgic heated grip be available for 08 and 09 in the future? what do you think? I dont know why they stop production of one of the best grip they ever made
Thank you for your help!

Old 10-01-2008, 07:45 PM
Lucky 13
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The stock 08' grips are the same.

Old 10-01-2008, 07:55 PM
geeded
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Solitario

by the way... will nostalgic heated grip be available for 08 and 09 in the future? what do you think? I dont know why they stop production of one of the best grip they ever made
Thank you for your help!
Greetings,

I don't know but in case they're reading this, bring them back since they rock and apparently we can't use normal grip heaters due to the TBW. Oh, and this is my 100th post....Thank you! Thank you very much!

Cheers, geeded

Old 10-01-2008, 07:55 PM
Boom Daddy
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Yeah..........nothin

Grip choices are a real problem for us 08-09 owners. I dont specifically know about your diameter question but I suspect there is a diff. with the TBW. I can tell you that hd choices are pretty much non existant for grips, they really dropped the ball on that one and even still finding them after market is just as hard. there are a few from Kury, but they dont float my boat. Coolsac has a few choices that dont look bad. So theres really your options. you can pretty much forget it if you want anything in a knurled chrome look. Let me know if you do find another option-boom

Old 10-01-2008, 11:13 PM
leon anthony
Road Warrior
Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts

are 06 grips different

Old 10-01-2008, 11:14 PM
leon anthony
Road Warrior
Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts

I only have 75 posts trying to get to 100

Old 10-01-2008, 11:54 PM
EriCal
Cruiser

For Solitario:
I also have a new (3 days old) RK Classic.
My OE grips measure the same left-to-right.
I plan for the chubby bars etc and wish to use heated grips. I was successful in putting them on my Wife's 07 RK and threading the wires thru the bars. I wonder if I will be able to do it with the 09.
What add-ons have you planned/completed??

Eric

Attached Thumbnails grips with diferent diameter in 09, why?-eric.jpg  
Old 10-01-2008, 11:56 PM
geeded
Cruiser

Originally Posted by leon anthony
I only have 75 posts trying to get to 100

Not hijacking threat, just answering. go to general HD forum and look for serial posters. You can get to 100 easier there.

geeded

AND NOW BACK TO THE CRAPPY LACK OF GRIPS FOR THE 09'S!

Old 10-02-2008, 04:57 AM
Solitario
Tourer

THankx for your answers. grips are diferent, its all I can say, and I dont like that. About heated grips for 09 tourings, the MoCo is doing really bad! im not going to put skull grips on my classic, I dont like flames, Aileron are too modern... I only like the nostalgic heated for this bike and it seens to me that they are not going to be available anymore (2 years out of stock).

Old 10-02-2008, 05:19 AM
jkoch09ultra
Road Master

I did not like the stock grips. I changed mine to color matched leather grips from www.coolsac.com. They are padded and much fatter. They have very good chrome ends and look great.
Warning about SAC grips. They are fatter and cause a problem when wearing heavy gloves. Takes a large reach to grab the clutch with a fat grip and heavy gloves. I live in FL and never wear heavy gloves so no problem for me. Just like padded leather grips that take out vibration and never get hot or cold like chrome. Rubber leaves black on my hands when they get older. Installation was eash. Cut off left grip add glue and slip new one on. Right grip comes with a new sleeve. Open switch housing. Remove ole sleeve and install new. Reinstall the 2 screws and slide the new grip on the sleave after adding glue.

Quick Reply: grips with diferent diameter in 09, why?