Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HD security removal?

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2008, 02:33 PM
$oul Child
Tourer
Received 12 Likes on 2 Posts
Default HD security removal?

I just installed the security to my 04 RG and now I am trading for an 09 model. Can I just unplug the security module and replace with the stock module or will I have to do something else. Reason is I have a friend who is interested in buying it. Thanks for the help.

Old 10-01-2008, 02:46 PM
harley-jones
Road Warrior
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

I asked about disabling my Security System once here and I got hammered pretty good.

I think some thought I was trying to steal some one's bike. I finally asked the service manager at the dealer and he answered my questions.

Good luck to ya!

Old 10-01-2008, 05:12 PM
pled55
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

well how about if you don't have security and wanted to add it can you just buy the moduel and install that and the siren?my bike has the little key that lights up but no security of fob. so iguess they are all wired for secuity . correct

Old 10-01-2008, 05:39 PM
maineultraclassic
Elite HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I just added security to my '05 Ultra, bought a unit online and just installed it......no problems at all.

I'm going to assume that you could just unplug the security and reinstall the stock one and be good to go.

Steve

Old 10-01-2008, 06:01 PM
biz44
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by pled55
well how about if you don't have security and wanted to add it can you just buy the moduel and install that and the siren?my bike has the little key that lights up but no security of fob. so iguess they are all wired for secuity . correct
If you have the little red light on the dash, your bike already has the TSSM, and all you will need is the key fob. You will need the instructions on how to "marry" the fob to your bike though....I am sure someone here will help with that if you dont have a service manual. Then again....you SHOULD have a factory service manual for your year/model.

I guess you bought your bike used....no?

Old 10-01-2008, 06:16 PM
$oul Child
Tourer
Received 12 Likes on 2 Posts

4 replies and no one has answered my question yet. My 04 didnt have it and i thought i never wanted it, i have always thought its insured why do i care, but my friends have it and people get around them in a crowd and bump one and the lights start blinking and beeping and people move away so i thought i would add it to mine but now I am trading for an 09 in the morning and another friend was interested in the security module i just paid for.

Old 10-01-2008, 06:25 PM
pled55
Road Master

no as a mater of fact it's brand new ..the sales person told me if i wanted it they would probably charge about 400.00 i thought when the little key light came on there should be an alarm or security or something ya think?

Old 10-01-2008, 06:27 PM
ssihogdog
Road Captain

If you added part number: 68200-00D then it Fits '02-'06 VRSCA, VRSCB, VRSCD, '04-'06 XL, '00-'03 DynaŽ and '00-'06 Touring models.

Part Number:68200-07 Fits '07-later Touring and SportsterŽ models.

Old 10-01-2008, 06:27 PM
pled55
Road Master

and yes you are right i should have an09 shop manual but i don't think they are available yet.

Old 10-01-2008, 06:35 PM
custom roadglide
Intermediate

the alarm is part of the turnsignal module,it has to be programed by the dealers scanner.just added alarm to my 08 fxstc.had an 02 electra glide that came with alarm and wanted to remove it ,had to replace turnsignal module and have it reprogramed.if you just installed alarm the should have give you back your stock turnsignal module.if so it will be easy to go back to no alarm.hope this helps

Quick Reply: HD security removal?