Notices
Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone have a Saddlemen Road Sofa seat INSTALLED?

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2008, 06:16 AM
HarleyLew
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Anyone have a Saddlemen Road Sofa seat INSTALLED?

Riders,

Looking at dropping some Coin on my next seat selection...my tush is very important...LOL!! Especially when I'm riding through Germany....soon (FEB). Currenly I'm stationed in Okinawa, and we don't have the pleasure of checking "downtown" LOL! I don't speak Japanese....for one, and it's 3x's the price here.

I like American made, hence the HD purchase...

On with it already....

Saddlemen Road Sofa or a mustang? Which would you chose/have?

Thanks,,
Lew

Old 09-30-2008, 11:01 AM
tphillips
Road Warrior
Received 29 Likes on 17 Posts

I tried the Saddleman Road Sofa on my '05 Ultra -- and it immediately went back in the box and returned to DennisKirk.com It just didn't feel right, and that naugahyde-type finish was not easy to move around on. The passenger seat was too low for my wife and the handrails under the pass. seat were higher than the seat pad itself. Just didn't feel or look right. One of their selling features is the gel-pad inserts... I'm not sure that is good or not. On a hot, sunny day that would be HOT when you got on it, and in the winter, it'd be cold for quite a while....

The Mustang was better, but it, too, went back. I liked the Mustang on my '03 Heritage, but not for my Ultra. It was either Corbin or custom -- and I went with the custom rebuild through Russell Day Long in southern California. Since that may not be an option for you (they take your seat and go down to the pan, then rebuild it -- takes about 2 weeks here in the States), you may want to do the Mustang or Corbin route.

Hope that helps......

Old 09-30-2008, 11:37 AM
swood
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default saddleman

buddy has the road sofa........says 1,000 mile to break in. He said it was very hard to start, but loves it now. His wife,,,,,,not so much, she thinks it is uncomfortable................I know this thread is not about this one, but I have about 70,000 on my sundowner touring seat, and I love it. Maybe if I tried some others, they might be better, but no need to change if it feels good.......

Old 09-30-2008, 11:42 AM
dspencer
Road Captain
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Saddleman seat

I agree with the post above. I put one on my 05 ultra and it just never felt right. I also didn't think it was very comfortable but you'll find obviously different opinions on seat. It wasn't for me either.
Darrell

Old 09-30-2008, 12:46 PM
rochkes
Elite HDF Member
Received 460 Likes on 211 Posts

I put a road sofa on my SG. It was huge, looked horrible on the bike and the passenger part was so thick the backrest hit my wife in the small of her back. The bike handled terrible with her up that high also. She said it was not as comfortable as our sundowner so the road sofa went back.

Dennis

Old 09-30-2008, 01:07 PM
Bigredone
Road Master

Get a Mustang seat and save yourself a lot of trouble. Your butt will thank you!

Old 09-30-2008, 07:58 PM
nick@nite
Road Warrior
Received 69 Likes on 48 Posts

saddleman seats suck.................plain and simple.

Old 10-05-2008, 03:01 AM
HarleyLew
Cruiser

Thanks yall...

Sounds like Mustang is a "must try", I have a set of 16" Apes on my King, and I need some back support. Now with that said, do you guys suggest a backrest model from Mustang or just get the model that the passenger pillion gives the extra 3" of back rest? Hearing from you guys that have this stuff, is easier on my wallet...LOL!

Thanks again,
Lew

Old 10-05-2008, 11:21 AM
gilbos440rt
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Get the Mustang seat that has the built in backrest, you can thank me later I have the Mustang solo on my bike with the built in backrest and liked it so much I bought the pass section so I'd never have to take it off lol!

Old 10-05-2008, 11:35 AM
SG 1
Road Warrior

Whichever seat you use, get the Mustang backrest. It will work with any touring seat with the slot cut in it.
I had the Mustang Solo with passenger pillion. I liked the riding position but it was to thin, to hard. Now I have the Mustang touring seat. Much more comfy, but takes some getting used to as it sits you up higher. The solo was better for handling, I just couldn't stay on it long. I still may try a Sundowner.

Quick Reply: Anyone have a Saddlemen Road Sofa seat INSTALLED?