Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Buying an 09' Electra tomorrow...advice?

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2008, 04:39 PM
geeded
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Dew Me
I did it! It's mine!

I wish I had seen what Geeded had to say b4 going in. I still made out great though! Dealer didn't deal on Accesories. I would have bought a lot of things right off the bat but they weren't interested. I can get discounts from local dealer and online.

I told them right off the bat what I wanted to pay for an Electra Classic in black b/c I was getting it painted Immediately. They had no 09' Classics but they did have ONE Ultra that had everything I was looking for. I got an additional $200 off MSRP and they threw the Black Pearl in for free. Rode her home! No waiting for a month like the other shops said. Got almost 3K off MSRP b4 they snuck in a $200 processing fee in at the very end. Oh, they bought me and the family a decent lunch and a the wife and I got t-shirts so we can tell people where we bought it.

The extra I paid for an Ultra puts off my paint job for a year. I can live with that.
Greetings,

Congratulations....Did you get an 09 Ultra for almost 3k off the MSRP? If so, you are my hero....and either dang lucky or a world-class negotiator. Enjoy and remember what I said about paying cash when/if you purchase again!

You will enjoy the Ultra.

Cheers, geeded

Old 10-02-2008, 05:13 PM
bikerick
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Forget msrp

Look..go to Chicago Harley...all parts 20% off...no sales tax just shipping which is cheap....i have bought items from them..there GREAT....as far as msrp...has anyone watched the news later...economy is going down hill....stocks are dropping like rocks...people are loosing there jobs...Car lots are closing up...And the dealers are playing hardball with there bikes????Don't buy them now..wait...Let the bikes build up in there show rooms...Economy is only going to get worse... A motorcycle is going to be on the bottom of the list of things to buy... When are we going to wise up.. lets start using are brains. As things get worse they will be happy to deal.... If you need a bike that bad, why not wait till Chrismas eve...walkin with a check and watch them run up to you.. We have the internet..lets use it for pricing...

Old 10-02-2008, 05:17 PM
Bluzmn59
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Hey man, congratulations on the new scooter.

Old 10-02-2008, 05:38 PM
pop1
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

i hope you got a Extended warranty

Last edited by pop1; 10-02-2008 at 05:42 PM.
Old 10-02-2008, 05:53 PM
Chula
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Congrats. Where did you buy it?

Old 10-02-2008, 06:24 PM
hyperfocal
Road Master

Would you please explain again, what your deal was on your new bike.

I told them right off the bat what I wanted to pay for an Electra Classic in black b/c I was getting it painted Immediately. They had no 09' Classics but they did have ONE Ultra that had everything I was looking for. I got an additional $200 off MSRP and they threw the Black Pearl in for free. Rode her home! No waiting for a month like the other shops said. Got almost 3K off MSRP b4 they snuck in a $200 processing fee in at the very end. Oh, they bought me and the family a decent lunch and a the wife and I got t-shirts so we can tell people where we bought it.

Old 10-02-2008, 06:28 PM
hyperfocal
Road Master

Getting almost 3 thousand dollars off the MSRP is unbelievable for an 2009 bike. What a great price. Did my ears hear you correctly.

Old 10-02-2008, 06:38 PM
Lightngsvt2
Tourer

That would be an amazing deal if thats the case!

Old 10-02-2008, 07:09 PM
gunner11
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

All the above advice about covers it. Keep the shiney side up!

Old 10-03-2008, 04:30 AM
hyperfocal
Road Master

Bump Bump Bump

Quick Reply: Buying an 09' Electra tomorrow...advice?