Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

1st AID KIT FOR MOTORCYCLES

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2008, 10:14 AM
themensh
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 56 Likes on 43 Posts

I bought a small first aid kit from "Sports Authority" store
that I carried on my ATV. When I sold the ATV, I put the kit in my
bikes saddlebag. I don't know what is in the first aid kit,
but I imagine it has the basics of alll of them.....band aid, anti septic cream,
tweaser, gauze pad.....

Chuck

Old 09-28-2008, 12:19 PM
Chasenfish
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I carry 2 kits. One for serious injuries or trauma, and one for every day cuts, scrapes, stings, etc.

The first is a trauma kit with QuickClot, ChestSeal, CinchTight, a tourniquet, gauze rolls, EMT shears, nitrile gloves, & hand sanitizer. It's all vacuum packed in a pouch that's only 6" X 6" x 3". It goes into the rear bottom corner of the saddle bag, and really doesn't take up much room at all, because of the vacuum sealing.

The other kit is in one of those wide-mouthed water bottles with the air-tight screw-on lid. I got it free for being one of the first 100 customers throught he door at Cabela's during one of their big sales. While it's really more suited for survival/camping, I just put it in the bike, 'cuz it has pretty much all of the essentials.

http://lifelinefirstaid.com/store/WM...&list=category

I like the idea of having some basic stuff like eye drops and aspirin. After reading these posts, I'll probably put something together for that. I'll just add it to the water bottle, as there's still room.

Old 09-28-2008, 12:37 PM
hogrider98
Cruiser
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I got a basic kit and added benedral for bee sting reactions
Brian

Old 09-28-2008, 01:40 PM
skratch
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,368 Likes on 2,542 Posts

Originally Posted by captsam54

I have looked over the web but only found one for Goldwings...!!!
the road doesn't care if you are riding a harley or a honda, its gonna bite you just the same. if the goldwing one sounds good to you, then go for it. its gotta be better than nothing....

Old 10-03-2008, 11:45 AM
captsam54
Road Master

Originally Posted by Chasenfish
I carry 2 kits. One for serious injuries or trauma, and one for every day cuts, scrapes, stings, etc.

The first is a trauma kit with QuickClot, ChestSeal, CinchTight, a tourniquet, gauze rolls, EMT shears, nitrile gloves, & hand sanitizer. It's all vacuum packed in a pouch that's only 6" X 6" x 3". It goes into the rear bottom corner of the saddle bag, and really doesn't take up much room at all, because of the vacuum sealing.

The other kit is in one of those wide-mouthed water bottles with the air-tight screw-on lid. I got it free for being one of the first 100 customers throught he door at Cabela's during one of their big sales. While it's really more suited for survival/camping, I just put it in the bike, 'cuz it has pretty much all of the essentials.

http://lifelinefirstaid.com/store/WM...&list=category

I like the idea of having some basic stuff like eye drops and aspirin. After reading these posts, I'll probably put something together for that. I'll just add it to the water bottle, as there's still room.
AAH now this is what i am looking for.. Where did you get the trama kit?? thanks much..!!!!

Old 10-03-2008, 12:05 PM
Motown_HOG
Road Master

I carry a first aid kit from a car. It's small and takes up little space in my saddlebag. Figure if I ever need it I want it there!!!

Old 10-03-2008, 12:18 PM
Lroberts4
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have seen quite a few preassembled kits in Wal-Mart either by the pharmacy or in sporting goods, also seen some in Sams Club (suppose Cosco would have them also), most of those contain basic items bandages, cold packs (instant) glow sticks, asprin, tylenol, ibuprofren, tourniquites etc. a good place to start. Cell phone and gps are great to have, leave the major stuff for the pros - stabilize and call for aid. As a former paramdeic and a current nurse I am very careful what I stop for as I am not always covered under good samaratan laws, if you have training & resources and fail to perform or things go wrong you could be held liable - just my 0.02 worth

Old 10-03-2008, 12:40 PM
Silvertip
Cruiser

Don't forget to keep some crazy glue in yer kit for closing up big cuts. Better than a needle & thread!

Old 10-03-2008, 12:48 PM
madmikee
Tourer

The Red Cross sells a varity of First Aid Kits.
I bought their basic and added to it. It is always the little things that you need most often.(from eye drops to tweezers)
You are best off building a kit to match your training and abilities

Old 10-03-2008, 12:53 PM
HDRider2002
Road Master
Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
Default First Aid Kit

Myself as well as the other Road Captains for our HOG Chapter carry first aid kits. This link is to a place where you can get a kit as basic or elaborate as you wish. If you've got room, and the money, better to have it and not need it than need it and not have it.
http://www.accidentscene.org/sos/packs.htm For what its worth, if they have "branches" in your area, they also teach good classes for accident scene management.

Quick Reply: 1st AID KIT FOR MOTORCYCLES