Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Let's see your tank bags!

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2008, 07:44 AM
Pastor John
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Let's see your tank bags!

I'm looking for a tank bag for my Road Glide. Anybody using one that works well? Not too big, not too small - I'm thinking it would hold my camera, iPhone, flashlight, maps, and other on-the-road essentials. Maybe about the size of a shoebox.

Old 10-13-2008, 09:20 PM
anubisss
Banned
Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

Those are for sport bikes. I used to have an eclipse tank bag that was magnetic and it was very functional. Then one windy day it blew off my bike while on the freeway. That was the end of tank bags for me.

Old 10-13-2008, 10:30 PM
atexn4christ
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I bought the biggest one I could find. I stuffed with my jacket and a few things. Just testing how it rode, when I was backing out of the garage it hit the start button. Luckily it was in neutral. I have used it a few times since. Its nice for things that you need to get at frequently.

Old 10-14-2008, 11:57 AM
matthewthamm
Cruiser
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I have fashioned a Camelback backpack to fit on my tank. Has pockets for little stuff (small camera, granola bar, tums,...) and holds 100 oz of water.
Worked great on the ride to the 105th. Only use it in the summer here in Vegas, and for long hauls.
Wife has one on her Sportster also.

Old 10-20-2008, 07:10 AM
CGLTD
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 279 Likes on 204 Posts

Here'a a pic on mine. It works well and extends to get pretty big. I also like putting my water pack in there so I can drink with my full face. It isn't affect by normal steering down the road however, if I want to lock the forks I have to slide it over or the left hand controls hit the bag when the bag is extended. I think the are made for spot bikes and sport tourers in mind, but it works well for me.

Old 10-20-2008, 08:46 AM
RDM
Road Master

Here's a link to Daytona Gear bags. http://daytonagear.com/products.htm

I've been using the TF bag for a while and like it.

Old 10-20-2008, 09:20 AM
xk207
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tank bag

Kuryakyn has a couple of magnetic tank bags that are expandable. Part numbers 4139 for $99.99 and number 4147 for $149.99. They look good in the catalog but I haven't seen or handled them.

Old 10-20-2008, 12:16 PM
riconot
Advanced

I use a Marsee 4 Liter Stash tank bag. Check them out at www.marseeproducts.com/ I think I paid about $80. If you want something about the size of a shoe box, these are perfect because they even look like a shoe box. Great for road trips.

Old 10-20-2008, 12:54 PM
bigskyhd
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 50 Likes on 5 Posts

I've always thought about having one of these for those long trips, but I worry about my paint. Any problems with the clear coat getting scuffed?

Old 10-20-2008, 01:05 PM
Arizona
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by bigskyhd
I've always thought about having one of these for those long trips, but I worry about my paint. Any problems with the clear coat getting scuffed?
This has always been my concern - from prolonged vibration, etc your tank's paint or clearcoat might end up showing funny wear marks from the bags contact on the tank...

Quick Reply: Let's see your tank bags!