Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I know I got hosed somewhere in the deal?

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2008, 10:22 PM
BigDaddyMike
Club Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I can assure you the dealer made exactly as much money as he needed to to pay the salesman, keep up overhead, etc. If you are happy with the bike and the price, don't sweat the small stuff. After all, they are in business to make money and you inked the deal, right? I know sometimes I may pay a little more for things than I have to, all things considered, but when I am treated right, during and after the sale, my wife and kids are treated right,I feel like they earned their money. Besides, I have made every penny up in the long run and you will too. Screw it, let's ride!

Old 09-25-2008, 10:45 PM
xcelr8
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You should have kissed him when he said he would take the Big Dog off your hands. I traded my '05 American IronHorse at Sunrise HD last year for an even swap on a new '07 FLHTC. (they started at $8,000 + my bike for the '07). Took me 3 hours to hammer them, but when the smoke cleared, I rode the new bike home, with zero dollars out of pocket. All of the Rossmeyer stores are highly negotiable.
Look for me at their bike night Friday night.

Old 09-25-2008, 11:22 PM
biz44
Outstanding HDF Member

The way I look at it......Money comes and goes.....I want what I want NOW, and I aint hearing nothing about waiting. Time is the most precious commodity there is, and I aint wasting a single second not having EXACTLY what I want. Heck....when I bought my 08' Street Glide last Oct.....I didn't even put one penny down. I came back from a extended dealer sponsored ride (riding my SE Deuce), and said to myself "I need a touring model". Walked in talked to the sales people for a short while, and the next thing I know I was riding away on a brand new Street Glide that they just rolled onto the floor from the back like 10 min after I walked into the showroom. Didnt even open my wallet! I could care less about the numbers.....I paid it off in 7 months, and now its all mine and the title is in my hands with my name on it! Now its on to #3.....hell yea.....I aint going out before I have a real good time!

Old 09-25-2008, 11:41 PM
OhioSkully
Club Member
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Sounds like a sweet bike man and a good deal. like stated you got to figure i believe msrp on a 2009 road glide is 19,0222 thats not counting the pipes ac all theother accessories you got the warrant the tire coverage by the time they put all that on a new one and tax tittle etc etc your looking at about 21k now get some pics up and get out and ride.

Old 09-25-2008, 11:49 PM
bagman1
Grand HDF Member
Received 53 Likes on 50 Posts

∑hy dont you sell the warranty back and get a prorated refund?

Old 09-25-2008, 11:53 PM
BRO
Tourer
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

+ 1 what bagman1 said. Other then the warranty, good job, now ride.

Old 09-26-2008, 02:13 AM
Casper
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 309 Likes on 200 Posts

I agree whit what most have stated, if you're happy, have food to eat, roof over your head.....all is good with the world.

I figure I just rent the darn things anyway, never keep one that long....some sexy looking bike comes in and I have to have her....sometimes I get the better deal, sometimes I pay too much. Oh well....life is way too short to worry about all that crap....as long as the family is taken care of, they have what they need and want....I get the bike I want, when I want....screw the money, they print more each day

I'm lucky I have a great wife, a good job, have my health still and can ride til the cows come home....

Get what ever blowd your skirt up...if that Roadie make you smile, then it's all worth it...

Ride often and be safe.

Old 09-26-2008, 02:32 AM
RangeRat
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I figure that whatever I've paid, that was what the bike was worth to me. Then I proceed to get my money's worth back out of it. Ride, ride, ride bro.

Old 09-26-2008, 03:13 AM
Bossman1
Outstanding HDF Member

Did u think u were going to make a deal and they wouldn't make money?? If they made u happy u should be HAPPY!!! HAPPY TRAILS!!!

Old 09-26-2008, 05:03 AM
lkr0
Elite HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

+1 Time is the most precious commodity there is, and I aint wasting a single second not having EXACTLY what I want.

childhood friend just died at 50---you cannot sweat the small stuff---enjoy the bike and ride---I just traded a hopped up 07 SG for an almost stock 08 RG---I did not get the best deal in the world but I got what I wanted. Life is short enjoy it to the fullest.

Originally Posted by biz44
The way I look at it......Money comes and goes.....I want what I want NOW, and I aint hearing nothing about waiting. Time is the most precious commodity there is, and I aint wasting a single second not having EXACTLY what I want. Heck....when I bought my 08' Street Glide last Oct.....I didn't even put one penny down. I came back from a extended dealer sponsored ride (riding my SE Deuce), and said to myself "I need a touring model". Walked in talked to the sales people for a short while, and the next thing I know I was riding away on a brand new Street Glide that they just rolled onto the floor from the back like 10 min after I walked into the showroom. Didnt even open my wallet! I could care less about the numbers.....I paid it off in 7 months, and now its all mine and the title is in my hands with my name on it! Now its on to #3.....hell yea.....I aint going out before I have a real good time!

Quick Reply: I know I got hosed somewhere in the deal?