Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Adding cb/intercom to my road glide

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2008, 09:05 PM
DRAFT1
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Adding cb/intercom to my road glide

I am about to pull the pin and order tour pak, cb and intercom for my '07 RG. A couple of questions for those that have done this. Is the switch kit PN-77173-07 required for the '07 road glide? When the book says an "Intercom system flash" is required, is this a download plug in from the dealer? Not sure what they mean by the above and is listed as PN-76441-06/DT. Also, I could not find CB pod trim badge in catalog. What is this. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Old 09-23-2008, 09:28 PM
sifularson
Elite HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

There is another thread on this subject. That thread died because nobody posted. I want to do the same thing but there seems to be very few people who have done it.

My question is this . . .

Why would I need to buy the LH switch pod and speaker switch when I already have them. All I should need is the console and wiring.

Also, what would it take to add the passenger plug for the intercom?
Steve

Old 09-23-2008, 09:54 PM
DRAFT1
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Steve,
I plan to go ahead and do this. I will do my best to take notes, maybe some photos and document the entire thing. I will post when I get enough info. I don't know how long parts order will take, I am ordering color matched Ultra tour pak with this also. I will keep you posted.

Old 09-23-2008, 09:56 PM
Chicago Spike
Road Warrior
Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

You don't need the squealtch/PTT buttons, they are there. You will need the radion flashed to recognize the CB after you install it. You will need the wire harness that goes between the radio and the rear of the tank(most expensive piece at @$300 aside from the CB module that you can make if you have access to a Deutch crimper ). You will need the CB console, plug and weather cap, the antenna, coil and wire. And the headset

Old 09-23-2008, 10:12 PM
vettedog72
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Motorcycle CB/intercoms/tape players/tuners/GPS/cell phone, tv and intercom. I can see shops specilizing in motorcycle communication, directional reference and entertainment.

Where are they??

Old 09-23-2008, 10:23 PM
sifularson
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by Chicago Spike
You don't need the squealtch/PTT buttons, they are there. You will need the radion flashed to recognize the CB after you install it. You will need the wire harness that goes between the radio and the rear of the tank(most expensive piece at @$300 aside from the CB module that you can make if you have access to a Deutch crimper ). You will need the CB console, plug and weather cap, the antenna, coil and wire. And the headset
Is there a way to add the intercom without the CB or does it all work together? I obviously have a lot to learn.
Thanks,
Steve

Old 09-24-2008, 10:50 AM
leon anthony
Road Warrior
Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts

it all goes together you have to have the cb for the intercom to work

Old 09-24-2008, 02:36 PM
Chicago Spike
Road Warrior
Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Yep, you need the CB for the intercom

Old 09-24-2008, 04:54 PM
09RoadGlide
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Im the one that did a thread on this a few days ago, here it is if you want to read the research I did so far:

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/touring-models/278531-road-glide-ultra-help.html

I never knew you had to have cb for intercom to work, P & A book doesnt mention it. I still dont understand the difference between buying the "advanced audio system wiring harness " they mention in book and "ultra audio overlay" thats listed in parts manual.

I really just wan the rear speakers and intercom for long trips with lady, but would add CB if I need to. I just dont know which way to go just yet.

Old 09-24-2008, 05:22 PM
sifularson
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by 09RoadGlide
Im the one that did a thread on this a few days ago, here it is if you want to read the research I did so far:

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=278531

I never knew you had to have cb for intercom to work, P & A book doesnt mention it. I still dont understand the difference between buying the "advanced audio system wiring harness " they mention in book and "ultra audio overlay" thats listed in parts manual.

I really just wan the rear speakers and intercom for long trips with lady, but would add CB if I need to. I just dont know which way to go just yet.
Darrin, Looks like we are on our own on this. Your other thread died with very few replies. I'm going to visit a couple dealers in my area next week and see if I can come up with a parts list and a plan to do this. Maybe I'll get lucky and find a parts person with some knowledge.

BTW, I love your lowers. Why the HELL do you have to buy the boxes separately???? All the other lowers come with them.

Quick Reply: Adding cb/intercom to my road glide