Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Adding cb/intercom to my road glide

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2008, 05:36 PM
09RoadGlide
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by sifularson
Darrin, Looks like we are on our own on this. Your other thread died with very few replies. I'm going to visit a couple dealers in my area next week and see if I can come up with a parts list and a plan to do this. Maybe I'll get lucky and find a parts person with some knowledge.

BTW, I love your lowers. Why the HELL do you have to buy the boxes separately???? All the other lowers come with them.
Steve,

I guess its just part of the punishment of buying a RG! Its a rip, for sure. Hog tunes wont work with them either, as you probably already know.

I have a parts book and can look anything up, we just need someone to say for sure what needs to be done. I hate to order the ultra audio overlay and find out radio wont read it without reflash and dealer wont reflash if they dont do the work etc. etc. Hope you do get some info, becuase im ready to go on this. I also sent you a pm when you get a minute.

Old 09-24-2008, 05:39 PM
leeinmemphis
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The J and M setup is the way I am gonna go over the winter. Integrates cb and intercom into one system and can be switched to another bike if/when I buy one.

Old 09-24-2008, 05:56 PM
sifularson
Elite HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

This is the J&M system that I looked into. It will integrate with my Zumo and give me Driver/Passenger intercom. I don't need a CB so this is the way I may go. It is also cheaper that going HD. Of course, having the HD console with plug would be nice (but not necessary).

Steve

Old 09-24-2008, 06:33 PM
JacktheBagger
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

I'm going to be looking into all this in the near future as well , when I ordered the TourPak for the RG , they ordered and charged me for the Ultra TP , so now I have an Ultra TP with empty speaker boxes , so I figger I may as well give the whole shebang a go while I am at it ..