Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ARC 125.2/KS 5026 Road Glide install

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2010, 07:55 AM
1flhtk4me
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 90 Likes on 67 Posts

Like marvincbr said you should have recieved a connector.Firecap(Wayne)has an upgraded connector with resistors.
There is a ground wire on that connector that I attached to one of the amp brackets I made.The amp bracket is bolted to the main fairing bracket which is a good ground source.
If you look at the second set of pics,you will see a wire connected to the lower bracket.

I have switched out the ARC 5.25 speakers in the pics to the ARC 6.5's.Sounds great!

Last edited by 1flhtk4me; 02-06-2010 at 08:03 AM.
Old 02-06-2010, 08:11 AM
FLTR2008TRIKE
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

My ARC Audio installed in my 08 FLTR

Old 02-06-2010, 08:40 AM
acchd
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 72 Likes on 53 Posts

KKarey as previous mentioned you'll have a small black five wire plug on amp it's labeled speaker in. You remove you stock +/- leads off speakers and connect/solder these to this plug. The ground off 5 wire plug I connected to a screw on back of radio but any good ground will do. You'll use new speaker wire from amp to speakers. Below is wiring of black plug to stock speaker wires.

Wire codes from amplifier hi-level plug -
White - Left Positive
White w/black stripe- Left Negative
Gray- Right Positive
Gray w/black stripe Right Negative

Wire colors from radio-
White w/orange stripe Left Positive
Green w/white stripe Left Negative
Gray w/red stripe Right Positive
Green w/black stripe Right Negative

Your last step in wiring your amplifier is to connect
the speakers to the amplifier output terminals. (Make sure at this point
the speakers are not connected to the factory
radio!!!)

Old 02-06-2010, 09:08 AM
neano62
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

acchd ... I noticed you listed Focal 165 cvx speakers. How do they sound compared to what else you've heard? I'm wanting to buy some 6.5: inch speakers and are debating on which ones to get. Have you been got in the rain with them? Have they got wet at all? I've got the Hawg-Wired Dbleshot. pkge. on my 09 Roadglide and want some SERIOUS *** kickn 6.5's!

Old 02-06-2010, 09:37 AM
acchd
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by neano62
acchd ... I noticed you listed Focal 165 cvx speakers. How do they sound compared to what else you've heard? I'm wanting to buy some 6.5: inch speakers and are debating on which ones to get. Have you been got in the rain with them? Have they got wet at all? I've got the Hawg-Wired Dbleshot. pkge. on my 09 Roadglide and want some SERIOUS *** kickn 6.5's!
neano62 I just picked up the Focal's recently and all I can say is wow! I've run Focal's in my vehicles before and always been impressed with there quality and sound. I'd been running some 6.5 Polk's which were Marine grade and they were good but the Focal's are another notch up. The bass is much better with Focal's and the tweets rotate at a angle so you can direct them right at your head and are very crisp and clear. I beleive I could actually run my amp gain up alittle higher with these as they don't distort at about half gain and there loud and clear. The speakers are made of Polyglass woofers with butyl rubber surrounds, aluminum tweets so as far as moisture should be ok I think. Sorry don't mean to hijack thread...

Old 02-06-2010, 10:06 AM
iambill
Tourer

This thread has got me all tingleeee inside.
I spoke to Wayne a few months back about upgrading my stereo ( mini amp and upper/lower fairing speakers ), and he couldn't have been more informative and helpful.
Unfortunatly at the time it was "insurance season" ( house, truck, and 2 bikes ).
I am just about caught up and can't wait till I get to pull the trigger and FINALLY make the order.
With my own conversation with Wayne, and all the good reviews from everyone here. I am completely confident that I am going to be grinning from ear to ear for a long time.
And I don't care about the bugs ;p
Talk to you soon Wayne

Old 02-06-2010, 10:17 AM
Cruiser
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by acchd
neano62 I just picked up the Focal's recently and all I can say is wow! I've run Focal's in my vehicles before and always been impressed with there quality and sound. I'd been running some 6.5 Polk's which were Marine grade and they were good but the Focal's are another notch up. The bass is much better with Focal's and the tweets rotate at a angle so you can direct them right at your head and are very crisp and clear. I beleive I could actually run my amp gain up alittle higher with these as they don't distort at about half gain and there loud and clear. The speakers are made of Polyglass woofers with butyl rubber surrounds, aluminum tweets so as far as moisture should be ok I think. Sorry don't mean to hijack thread...
+1 on Focal 165 CVX......best sounding speaker I've ever owned....

Old 02-06-2010, 10:31 AM
acchd
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by iambill
This thread has got me all tingleeee inside.
I spoke to Wayne a few months back about upgrading my stereo ( mini amp and upper/lower fairing speakers ), and he couldn't have been more informative and helpful.
Unfortunatly at the time it was "insurance season" ( house, truck, and 2 bikes ).
I am just about caught up and can't wait till I get to pull the trigger and FINALLY make the order.
With my own conversation with Wayne, and all the good reviews from everyone here. I am completely confident that I am going to be grinning from ear to ear for a long time.
And I don't care about the bugs ;p
Talk to you soon Wayne
Wayne is good people !

Old 02-06-2010, 11:54 AM
SixSixRider
Club Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 1FLTRI4ME
Like marvincbr said you should have recieved a connector.Firecap(Wayne)has an upgraded connector with resistors.
I'll need to contact Wayne myself. I bought this amp from a HDForums member and it didn't come with the connector for that block. One of the perils of buying 2nd-hand. I'm glad I asked, as I would've tried to use the block without the right connector or resistors.

Old 03-09-2010, 09:48 PM
Firecap501
Former Sponsor

If you think the focals sound good you should hear the new Hertz HCX 165 OMG LOL. I am getting almost the same output on the 6.5 high energy as I do with a set of 6x9's

Quick Reply: ARC 125.2/KS 5026 Road Glide install