Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ARC 125.2/KS 5026 Road Glide install

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2008, 09:25 PM
1flhtk4me
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 90 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by blueflht
i have yet to see the price for the tunes amp but the amount of power it supplies is really on the weak side.

I think they are around $260 plus extra for a braket.

Old 09-24-2008, 09:44 PM
jraven
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

already had done some research on the arc products, picked up the phone and visited with wayne on them and have to tell you, not only is he knowledgeable about sound equipment, he fimly believes in the componets great guy to visit with and definatly convinced me to put the amp and speakers on my to buy list

Old 09-24-2008, 10:29 PM
1flhtk4me
Seasoned HDF Member

With Wayne it's not sell and forget.He answered my questions when I called during the install.

Old 11-05-2008, 07:06 AM
1flhtk4me
Seasoned HDF Member

I brought this back up from the basement for those of you that have been asking!
Since the install,I have added two more ARC speakers in the lower storage boxes.Dont do what I did and try to use 2 OHM speakers with the 4 OHM's!

Last edited by 1flhtk4me; 11-05-2008 at 07:08 AM.
Old 11-06-2008, 07:07 AM
drbillk
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Great Install

Originally Posted by blueflht
a little off topic but i gotta ask what are the ruler type straps for?
Was going to ask for the measurements; however, with the ruler I have a convenient reference in the pictures.

Old 11-18-2008, 09:17 PM
Grunt66
Advanced
Default Arc amp and factory HK radio

How does the Arc amp connect to the factory HK radio? I have a 07 Road Glide and I am thinking of getting an Arc amp. Also is there any problems with the stock battery powering this amp? I see that people are are connecting the power and ground straight to the battery.

Thanks in advance.

Old 11-19-2008, 07:18 AM
1flhtk4me
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by Grunt66
How does the Arc amp connect to the factory HK radio? I have a 07 Road Glide and I am thinking of getting an Arc amp. Also is there any problems with the stock battery powering this amp? I see that people are are connecting the power and ground straight to the battery.
Thanks in advance.

You just reroute the speaker wires to the amp or the supplied converter.No need to mess with the main radio wireing.
If you look at my pics,I only ran the positive amp cable to the battery and the ground comes off the frame by the steering neck.
While riding there is plenty of battery/charging power for the system.If you are just using the accessory switch(engine off) it would wear the battery down in time like any other amp or powered device.

Old 02-18-2009, 11:34 AM
nocages4me
Tourer

So quick question, I also have a 07 RG and I just got a new set of 3 way J&M speakers. I am going to install them this weekend. I noticed that you had the J&M's also but then you changed them out to the Arc's? Did the J&M not work or sound good with the Amp? I have always had J&M's and have never had any problems with them, Just wondering what made you swap em out?

Old 02-06-2010, 07:11 AM
SixSixRider
Club Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 1FLTRI4ME
Here the pics of the ARC amp and speakers I bought from Firecap501.
I found this thread VERY HELPFUL as I'm installing the same amp & 7.25" J&M speakers in my '09 RG. I fabricated a mount similar to the one you used, but I've got a question about the speaker connections to the block on the amp (see arrow on attached picture). I've not seen this type of connector. Do the wires simply push into the openings & are help by a spring barb inside? Also, where (exactly) did you connect the ground? I was going to use one of the bolts where the amp mount it attached, but haven't yet checked it with a meter to see whether it is a good ground. Is that what you used?

Last edited by SixSixRider; 02-16-2010 at 08:18 PM.
Old 02-06-2010, 07:26 AM
marvincbr
Road Warrior
Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

You should have received a matching plug to go into that block with wires attached. That would connect to your speaker wires coming from the head unit and then plug into the amp. The one I got from Wayne had resistors on it also to keep the HK from going into protection mode when it doesn't have the right load on it.

Quick Reply: ARC 125.2/KS 5026 Road Glide install