Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ARC 125.2/KS 5026 Road Glide install

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2008, 10:00 PM
1flhtk4me
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 90 Likes on 67 Posts

I know it may look funny but I needed to make two brackets to support the front of the amp.I cut and bent the 3/32" thick mat'l from an extra framing square I had.I figured why paint them when the fairing will cover it up.
I will try to install some speakers in the lowers.This amp puts out a lot of power for only two speakers.

Old 09-23-2008, 10:07 PM
Bryan1724
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 1FLTRI4ME
Wayne was a great guy to deal with!
Yes he is. I called him lastnight and ordered the mini and a pair of speakers from him. So how does it sound, you never really said?

Old 09-23-2008, 11:59 PM
Hoffy
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

+1 on Wayne, if you want to buy a great amp and get all the help you would ever need to hook it up no matter how un-mechanically inclined you might be, Wayne is your answer to an awesome system. I still cant beleive how good my arc mini sounds every time I ride. I went with the arc 6000 component speakers with seperate tweeters and crossovers. Music with a lot of guitar sounds real. But be warned, it will be hard on your hearing if you do not use self-restraint and like your musci loud because this amp pumps the tunes.

Old 09-24-2008, 06:32 AM
radridd
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Hoffy
+1 on Wayne, if you want to buy a great amp and get all the help you would ever need to hook it up no matter how un-mechanically inclined you might be, Wayne is your answer to an awesome system. I still cant beleive how good my arc mini sounds every time I ride. I went with the arc 6000 component speakers with seperate tweeters and crossovers. Music with a lot of guitar sounds real. But be warned, it will be hard on your hearing if you do not use self-restraint and like your musci loud because this amp pumps the tunes.
Yeah! Wayne is the man. The sound is addictive and I do not have any self-restraint. Ha!
If you need audio products call the Cap.

Old 09-24-2008, 07:20 AM
1flhtk4me
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 90 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by Bryan1724
So how does it sound, you never really said?
After making some intial adjustments after the install,the sound is much clearer.It takes a lot less volume (bars) to hear hear the radio as compared to the stock set up with J&M speakers that I had.
Wayne is sending me another component that I need to install.I still need to make more adjustments to the gain when I remove the fairing.
The system should sound even better after I install 2 more speakers.
If you guys/gals want to be able to hear your tunes better,just buying speakers will not make a huge difference.Adding an amp and quality speakers is the way to go.

Last edited by 1flhtk4me; 09-24-2008 at 07:22 AM.
Old 09-24-2008, 07:37 AM
Magos
Tourer

I'd just be powering two J&M Speakers. Do you think the hogtunes amp would suffice?

Old 09-24-2008, 07:55 AM
blueflht
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

magos any amp will suffice but $ for $ the arc amp from firecap is 1 of the best. i have yet to see the price for the tunes amp but the amount of power it supplies is really on the weak side. look through here. anyone who has an arc is a happy camper. as for firecap they dont come any better. strate up a top shelf biker lookin to help his bros!

Old 09-24-2008, 08:00 AM
Firecap501
Former Sponsor

Thanks Blue for the Kudos.

Mango I love your bike That read is wicked wish the wife would let me get a stable mate for the king

Old 09-24-2008, 08:12 AM
Magos
Tourer

Sounds good. With other higher priority upgrades on the rise, it's hard to choke down a few hundred for an amp. I'll keep it in mind when I do decide to go that route though! Thanks!

Old 09-24-2008, 08:51 AM
speedglide
Tourer

Hey Cap, why ARC audio components?
I assume you use the high level inputs from the radio? I know that's not the best way to amplify a signal, but we aren't exactly in the best of sound rooms on an open air bike with wind noise.. LOL! But is there any problems with distortion? Are the ARC speakers weather proof? I see they are and injection molded cone with a rubber edge, I'm assuming that's good enough for exposure to water...

Jason

Last edited by speedglide; 09-24-2008 at 08:57 AM.

Quick Reply: ARC 125.2/KS 5026 Road Glide install