Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

PC III vs. V&H Fuel Pak

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2006, 09:03 PM
KansasHog
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default PC III vs. V&H Fuel Pak

I know many hear will chime in and tell me to go with the Sert, but I am wondering with a stock setup engine and SE slipons if I add a Stage I air filter kit which of these two would be better for my budget? Or am I asking for problems down the road?? Any help would be appreciated!

Old 03-27-2006, 09:15 PM
Primo
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: PC III vs. V&H Fuel Pak

I have and love my FuelPak. But after checking V&H's site I see they have limited settings available for the SE pipes. Make sure they have a setup compatible with your particular model of pipes before even thinking of going that route. They really do cater to their own parts for obvious reasons.

Sounds like PCIII or another TFI might be a better route for you.

Get ready for the avalanche of opinions!

Primo

Old 03-27-2006, 09:40 PM
Scotto
Banned

If you want to be able to fine tune on a dyno at some point I would go with the PC

Old 03-27-2006, 09:56 PM
UltraScoot
Road Captain

ORIGINAL: KansasHog

I know many hear will chime in and tell me to go with the Sert, but I am wondering with a stock setup engine and SE slipons if I add a Stage I air filter kit which of these two would be better for my budget? Or am I asking for problems down the road?? Any help would be appreciated!

I would try the search feature listed above; you will find tons of info regarding PCIII, SERT & Fulepak.

Once you are done reading all the s—t (which will take you a good week or so) you will be totally confused.[:@]

Go with PCIII, down the road you might want to make changes i.e.: pipes, cams, heads ect… ect…

The PCIII will let you change your tuning as changes are made; down side to the fulepak is it will not. Just my .02

Old 03-27-2006, 10:38 PM
KansasHog
Road Captain

Thanks Guys! The Fuel Moto site looks like the ticket to start out from!

Old 03-27-2006, 11:29 PM
JRAZ
Cruiser

I had a SERT and V & H true duals on my SG and now I have V & H true duals with a Fuel pak on my RK Custom. No doubt in mind that the Fuel Pak is the way to go. Much, much, much less expensive and performance is fine. Fuel Pak can be purchased for $200 and it only takes a few minutes to install and punch in the numbers which V & H gives you. You don't need to waste any money on a download for HD or the expensive SERT which then requires money on the Dyno tuner. Try it, you'll be glad that you did and you spend the savings on some other toys for the new ride!