Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Road King Classic - 'safety' upgrades - rear lights, front lights, horns, pipes, etc.

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2008, 08:39 PM
roadkingrick
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by karz10
RoadkingRick - I've heard of those sylvanias before, any issue w/ adding a pulsator/modulator to them, as far as you know, if you wanted to later?
i wouldnt think there would be an issue with it, the headlight bulb is the same, the passing lamps are a little different thought, took a little force to get the assemble back together but they work.
i plan on geting the modulator when i get the cash.. but i'm getting a minibeast airhorn first

if you do buy the silverstars be sure to keep the package and reciept, i dont want to make them sound like junk but the first one i bought the high beam went out.. i emailed them and they had me send it to them..and they sent me 2 in return, next day delievery. havent had any issues with the replacement and have probably doubled the run time on the bulb compared to the first, the first was probably just a bad egg.. it happens.

Old 09-22-2008, 08:59 PM
EdwardK
Road Warrior
Received 306 Likes on 226 Posts

[QUOTE=karz10;3902168]Edward - So this is the tail stopper? http://www.chromeglow.com/catalog.as...showprevnext=1 I've heard of biketronics before, I was surprised I had such a hard time finding this online, only saw a couple sites w/ them, gues some indy shops might have em too? Is that a fair price?

That's it. Seems like a good price. I can't remember where I bought mine.

Where did you get the foglights for the crash bars? Any pics of your ride like that?

Sory, no pics but they are HD part # 68913-98B I love them. As others have mentioned, you can't legally run them with the high beam on but I run the low beam, the passing lamps, and the fog lamps all the time. When I turn on the high, all the others cut off so I just leave it on low all the time. Plenty of light. Try the link below.

http://www.harley-davidson.com/gma/g...bmLocale=en_US

Old 09-22-2008, 09:27 PM
lviguy
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by karz10
lviguy - So this is the company you bought?: http://www.kriss.com/harleymod.php
Can't tell 100% from their site, is that like what geeded said about ones that go bright/dim as opposed to on/off?
That's the one. Yes, it modulates (legal in all 50 states and Canada) and is not a flasher (illegal).

I'm a wrench retard, and I installed it in 5 minutes or less.

Old 09-22-2008, 09:43 PM
rlyons
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Check out customdynamics.com they have all you need. I installed the headlight modulator in mine and the wife's bike and two friends. Works great, modulates during the day and flashes with the horn if you have it in the non-flash mode. They also have a license plate frame with a nightrider type led light. You can get one that runs from side to side or simply lights with the tail light and flashes when brakes are applied then goes steady(legal in all states). I have one on mine also. I also rewired the driving lights so they burn with high and low beam. Very effective I believe. Their prices are good and service is great.

Old 09-22-2008, 11:05 PM
Whiskers
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 101 Likes on 46 Posts

I replaced all my headlamps (7" main & 4 1/2" driving) with Adjure Trilient Blue dots. Judging by the reaction of the driver in the car I pull up behind at stoplights, they are PAINFULLY bright. As far as I'm concerned though, thats quite all right...can't have enough light on a bike. I've considered adding driving/fog lights to the engine guard this next winter.

Catalog # from Adjure: T70300 7" DIAMOND CUT "TRILLIENT" HEADLAMP WITH A CHROME TRI-BAR AND A GLASS BLUE DOT

Old 09-23-2008, 06:04 AM
roadking1893
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Might not be the best approach, I traced the wire for the turn signal and tapped into the brake light wire. I have what use to be turn signal now they're brake light. I found this universal "arrow" shape LED trun signal from auto zone and mounted them as my turn signal by wiring them up to the original wires for the stock turn signal. Rode last night and had a buddy follow me. His comment was "if someone can't see You, one they have their eyes close or their blind" will post photo once I take one.