Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

09 streesglide rear lowering kit???

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2008, 09:02 PM
Overdoo
Road Captain
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I had to reply to this. If you put on the 13" shocks which are stock on the other touring bikes the shock bracket will in fact bring you down to the height that the Street glide started at ...12". Plus you'll still have a ride that is stiffer than stock because the pitch angle of the shock has changed and the shock doesn't respond the same. I have an 08 SG and I am short. I have tried everything under the sun to lower this thing past the stock position. The lowering blocks worked okay but so far and I say so far because I just ordered the Arnott Air ride but until now a set of 11" progressives has worked for me with no....NO bottoming. It did not give me a full inch at the seat from the stock 12" shock to the 11" shock like you'd think . It was more like 3/4 of an inch drop at the seat. But more importantly it did not bottom and the ride was very acceptable. The shocks mounted in the stock position as well. I am about 180 at this point. If you continue to reduce wheel clearance in the fender well something is going to hit somewhere. Just my two cents!

Old 09-22-2008, 09:12 PM
lp
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,834 Likes on 1,595 Posts

Originally Posted by WORKD4IT
lp, thats a bad a$$ ultra you got there! Seat looks nice and compfy too
Yeah the seat is kinda poofy...and thats the sundowner! The stock seat was super huge. I'll live with it for now. Hurtin for pipes and a power commander! Can't wait till they get the new parts out.

I still have the SG, I did too much to that bike to just let it go. You were beating me on mods...so I'm starting over with an Ultra..

Glad to hear from you. Maybe I'll see you this weekend at the HOG thing going on. I want to hit the vendors over at Patriots Point and see if anyone has something, anything new. Or maybe the fall Myrtle rally. I'll be around.

lp

Old 10-01-2008, 04:27 PM
r8rs4lf
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I installed this kit today. It was pretty straight foward. Anyways, has anyone ever used the 3" lowering hole? This is where I started off since I ride solo. If anyone has used this hole, have you bottomed out?

Old 11-14-2008, 10:06 PM
03harleyrider
Advanced

how did the lowering kit affect the ride thinking of lowering my 06 sg

Old 11-15-2008, 12:20 AM
HarryDavidson
Road Captain
Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm already dragging the jiffy stand on my 09 SG, so you must be dragging a lot or not riding very hard.

Harry

Old 11-15-2008, 08:03 AM
brettnbama
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by r8rs4lf
I installed this kit today. It was pretty straight foward. Anyways, has anyone ever used the 3" lowering hole? This is where I started off since I ride solo. If anyone has used this hole, have you bottomed out?
A friend of mine has an 08 street glide he put it on the lowest setting and ended up dragging a little frame on a freeway onramp. I have thought about getting this kit for my RK. Could I run a set of street glide shocks on my RK?

BTW r8rs4lf, your EGS is awesome looking!!!

Old 11-15-2008, 09:00 AM
tringle
Cruiser
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by lp
Here is a picture of an 08 and below Rear lowering kit on an 09 Ultra.

Works the same...

lp
lp,

I just purchased an 09 Ultra. What kind of lowering kit did you put on and do you ride two-up? Any problems yet?

Thanks

Old 11-15-2008, 03:50 PM
r8rs4lf
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by brettnbama
A friend of mine has an 08 street glide he put it on the lowest setting and ended up dragging a little frame on a freeway onramp. I have thought about getting this kit for my RK. Could I run a set of street glide shocks on my RK?

BTW r8rs4lf, your EGS is awesome looking!!!
Thanks man! You RK is no slouch either!

Old 12-01-2008, 08:15 AM
ShooterSteve1953
Cruiser

Have all you guys that lowered the rear on your SGs already lowered the front end? I have been riding my new 09 SG and would love to get the bike lower. I was thinking I would start with the front kit, then the reach seat and see if that's enough comfort for my 30" inseam.

Old 09-07-2011, 11:47 AM
rcmaxwild
6th Gear

another way to lower seat height is with FBI kit.I did it on my SG and I have a 27" inseam and i have 18"anarchy wheels front and rear and am flat footed in HD boots.Check out FBI seat lowering kit,is very professionally made and fit on bike is perfect!

Quick Reply: 09 streesglide rear lowering kit???