Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Lowers Needed? Turbulence?

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2008, 08:39 PM
jcbpa
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Unhappy Lowers Needed? Turbulence?

I can't say enough about how great Deadcenter Cycles fairing matches in color and fit. This is a first class operation. Cancel any idea of buying from Corbin, they are completly out of the ball park; and yes I have a grudge, and rightfully so... they ripped me off and put a bad deal on my summer. I would not buy from them if they were the last company on Earth.

At any rate I noticed a huge difference in air flow once I put the faring on. My passenger felt the difference too. Wondering if lowers will resolve the issue of the turbulence caused by the fairing.

Old 09-20-2008, 09:20 PM
jcbpa
Road Warrior

come on guys help me out please.

Old 09-20-2008, 09:22 PM
dawg
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 3,239 Likes on 1,850 Posts

What size windshield you got on the fairing?

Old 09-20-2008, 10:02 PM
itileman
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

58121-85B Chrome Wind Deflectors that attach to the front forks will cut down on the air flow from underneath. Also the Front Fork Air Baffle.

+1 on Corbin - can't even get a chrome stud from them for my Corbin backrest. No response to email.

Old 09-20-2008, 10:23 PM
Harleypingman
Extreme HDF Member
Received 44 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by jcbpa
come on guys help me out please.
Geesh; 41 minutes from your original post to this???? What you gonna do tonight--buy some fairing lowers????

Personally, I added fairing lowers primarily for cosmetic reasons--they're also good to get wind off the lower legs on long interstate trips and for rain protection--can't say I notice a much difference in turbulence since the air is pretty quiet sitting behind the EG fairing.

P.S. How long are you going to stay up tonight waiting for replies????

P.P.S.: Just put a smilie after each paragraph: can't figure out how to do it.

Old 09-21-2008, 01:56 AM
Mississippi Bagger
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by itileman
58121-85B Chrome Wind Deflectors that attach to the front forks will cut down on the air flow from underneath. Also the Front Fork Air Baffle.
+1 on the chrome wind deflectors, they make a huge difference. The air baffle helps a bit also.

Old 09-21-2008, 02:14 AM
biz44
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Been hearing a load of negative reports lately about Corbin's customer service.....I aint buying anything from them until long after I start hearing some positive reports....and I may still wait a bit after that!

Old 09-21-2008, 02:27 AM
dhincc
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The lowers can actually increase the air flow from below. I have the front fork baffle, but I guess I'm going to have to try the fork deflectors also, even though they aren't recommended for bikes with lowers (I guess they can hit). As Dawg asked, the windshield height can also be a factor. Other than that, I don't know much about the air flow on those particular fairings.

Old 09-21-2008, 04:49 AM
jcbpa
Road Warrior

Ok... so I admit impatience, it's a flaw that is being worked on. Well, lets see I have on a 7" at this point, and a really cool looking short one in smoke which looks good but does nothing! It feels like the wind is coming up from the legs and I thought it might be the lack of lowers.

Old 09-21-2008, 09:15 AM
GliderXXX
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 52 Likes on 38 Posts

I put lowers on my previous and current FLHX. They make a huge difference in wind buffetting. I have the quick disconnect kit and can take them on and off within minutes, but almost never do. I had them off when I first put my 21" wheel on, rode it home with the plan of leaving them off for a while, and ended up putting them back on as soon as I got home. IMO it IS the difference.

Quick Reply: Lowers Needed? Turbulence?