Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Volume way down on Sat radio

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2008, 07:51 PM
whatzleft
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Volume way down on Sat radio

My volume is only a tad better than half on my Sat radio. Just wondering if plugging into the aux jack in the radio makes a difference? I kinda just have mine throwed on the bike for now to make sure this is the way I want to go before ordering the handlebar bracket from Sirius. The bracket to mount on the handlebars is about 60 bucks but it comes with a short antenna that mounts on a small plate right off the bracket itself, also has a cable to plug right into the aux on my radio. My question is, will plugging right into my aux jack improve my reception/volume???? My reception is pretty good now with the sirius just temp. tye-wrapped to my bars and the long antenna with 20'of wire just stuffed in my saddlebag. I don't want to spend 60 bucks for the bracket and good mounting place for the antenna and the aux cable if it isn't going to give me my volume back. I have hog tune speakers and they sound great with my bike radio/cd, but I'm prolly at half, maybe a tad better with the sat radio. I did turn the volume settings up on the sat radio. If plugging into my auz jack makes a difference then I'll probaly go with it, if not, then I may just stick to what I can hear going down the hiway. Thanks in advance for any insght. Whatzleft

Old 09-17-2008, 09:44 PM
HawgriderPa
Road Captain
Default sat radio

tried mine both ways, didn't seem to make a difference. I ended up using the FM transmitter setup for the Sirius, since I added the HD mp3 player.
I picked up a bicycle mount for the sirius, and used double sided foam tape to mount the antenna on the fair in front of the brake cylinder.. it does not need to be on a metal base to work.

Attached Thumbnails Volume way down on Sat radio-resize-of-_new-guages2.jpg  
Old 09-17-2008, 09:49 PM
wolfshead1
Tourer

Look on sat. radio for line out and raise it,that helped me.