Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rush True Duals

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2008 | 02:57 PM
tuna1
|
Advanced
Question Rush True Duals

Anybody running the Rush true dual header with the Rush mufflers? How does the ceramic coating work for heat reduction, and how do they sound? Hopefully not to loud.

Old 09-18-2008 | 01:10 PM
rjmac53
Extreme HDF Member

I'm curious myself. I cant believe no one has experience with the set up. C'mon guys...

Old 09-18-2008 | 01:32 PM
vtwinbmx
Road Warrior

Why would you want to use True Dual's. The loss of TQ is not worth the look. Fuelmoto's custom baffles are were its at. I am on the fence with the way the ceramic looks on the outside. all for the inside coating .....

Old 09-18-2008 | 01:33 PM
kcbwi
Intermediate

I have the Rush headers and the mufflers. I'd be hard-pressed to understand how Rush TDs could be appreciably different than any other TD header (say, V&H) in the noise department. Um, I mean the bends and diameters are almost exactly the same, right? As for the ceramic coating reducing heat: Does Rush claim that they do? I'm not a a thermodynamics engineer, but again I'd be hard-pressed to see how it would make a noticeable difference. Overall, the combo sounds fantastic with 2" baffles. I don't know what "too loud" means. Are they louder than stock? Yes. Are they quieter than straight pipes? Yes. I like them. And they have very nice chroming. I am told that Rush uses the same chromers that HD uses for many of its parts.

Old 09-18-2008 | 02:38 PM
tuna1
|
Advanced

Thanks for the input guys. What I meant by too loud, is on my 01 RKC I had a set of Samson true duals with their oval pipes, great sounding except when going down the highway at 70-75 mph it was loud. The guys in the group riding with me wanted me in the back. As for the ceramic coating you don't see it anyway with the heat sheilds on.

Old 09-18-2008 | 03:44 PM
nocarb
Road Master

Originally Posted by tuna1
Anybody running the Rush true dual header with the Rush mufflers? How does the ceramic coating work for heat reduction, and how do they sound? Hopefully not to loud.
I have this set up. Very happy with sound and the heat reduction. I have removed the rear heat shield to adjust pipe and coating looked new no blueing at all. Not real happy with the way the rear pipe support bracket is so close to oxygen sensor. Spent a lot of time trying to get it further away from sensor. Not hitting it but just too close for my likings. Not sure if the ceramic coating would be noticeable without it? Ceramic coating is inside also thought exhaust might flow smoother? I had Samson mufflers on 02 and the Rush mufflers are not near as loud.