Notices
Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

True Duals-thoughts

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2008, 07:51 PM
FLHT 08
Stage IV
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default True Duals-thoughts

I'm thinking of putting True Duals on my EG. I'm looking at the Klock Werks double back system or the V & H Big Shot Duals. Has anyone installed these on there bike or if anyone has any good opinions on TD's let me know.

Old 09-16-2008, 10:19 PM
bikergeoff
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

V&H Big Shot Bagger Duals sound awesome! I will tell you though that a good 2-1 system like the V&H Pro Pipe will make more torque. If you're set on duals, go for the V&H, IMO.

Old 09-16-2008, 10:23 PM
RAP
Road Master
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I have the V&H True Duals on my 05 Ultra. They fit great and clean up the looks of the engine area a ton!

Old 09-16-2008, 10:25 PM
jcbpa
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Bub 7's with crossover!

Old 09-16-2008, 10:28 PM
Ultra007
Tourer

It comes down to a few issues I think:
Finish - V&H and Rinehart
Sound - Personal preference, most sound great.
Performance - Most tuners will get more power out of Rineharts.
Versatility - If you are one of those mess with all your stuff kinda guys, like changing mufflers a lot down the road. Then not Rineharts or any other 2" pipe. Not that many options with 2" pipes.

The real difference in power is nominal. A few ponies here and there is all.

Just my opinion,
U

Old 09-16-2008, 10:40 PM
Bryan1724
Road Warrior

For best performance, an equal length/matched pipes 2-1. I'm partial to the Bassani Road Rage. Just love that pipe. Had TD's on my Road Glide, they lasted about a month, didn't like the bottom end loss I felt with them. JMO. Now if you have a big enough motor, then the loss is minimal.

Old 09-17-2008, 01:09 AM
Harleypingman
Extreme HDF Member
Received 44 Likes on 40 Posts

I've had Rinehart TD's with chrome end caps for 3 years and haven't seen or heard anything better FOR ME. If I was buying now, I'd look hard at the Bub 7 without the crossover. The V&H are popular and an excellent product.

For my riding, I don't get the "loss of low-end torque" issue that is always raised with TD's. In suburban traffic, I don't acclerate hard from a traffic light because of traffic or I'm not in a hurry, and when riding twistys I'm usually turning 2500 to 3500 rpms and using gear selection to slow the bike. And cruising interstates on long trips is a non-issue. I'm not knocking those who prefer 2-1 pipes or the actual minor loss of some torqe in a narrow rpm range. Just saying I'm really pleased with the Rinehart TD's.

Good luck with your research.

Old 09-17-2008, 03:29 PM
p3ripperfw
Advanced

Im at the same point you are shopping for duals. My bike came with screaming eagle 2:1 and although the performance is fine I dont like the look and sound....I know for sure Im getting something black ceramic coated not only for the looks but also to reduce heat some. The D&D fat cats 2:1 are high on my list not only for the fact that they are 3-400 dollars less than some of the dual set ups out there and will give great performance and looks...

One issue ive been wondering about with these klock werks headers is how is the added heat being held around the cylinders going to affect the engines in the long run? Not only is the header wrapped around the cylinder radiating tons of heat back onto the base of the cylinders but also the header is blocking off cooling fins reducing the heat dissipation as well......maybe klock knows something I dont but I dont see them being very beneficial other than a new look

Old 09-18-2008, 08:01 AM
FLHT 08
Stage IV

i know what you mean about the heat with the way thay wrap around the engine. thats why i was wondering it anyone had usrd them on their bike. i really like Rinehart exhaust but they are twice as high as V&H and some of the others.

Old 09-18-2008, 08:28 AM
Harleypingman
Extreme HDF Member
Received 44 Likes on 40 Posts

Eastern Performance Cycles, a forum sponsor, usually has very good pricing on Rinehart TD's.

Quick Reply: True Duals-thoughts