Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help on Really Good Leather

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2008, 07:20 AM
Ace07FXDL
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by jcbpa
How about some websites that sell exceptional leather gear. I have a couple of HD jackets, recently bought some gloves and vests and chaps from Fox Creek. They really have some great stuff, but they stopped making the jacket I was looking at a year ago. I'm looking for a Fall/Winter jacket. Thanks, J
There's a couple answers to that question. My only choice if you're talking "high end" is Langlitz. Its that simple. I have a vest, Columbia jacket & Westerns from langlitz as does my wife. I am sure others make a good product too but check out Langlitz and join the family. When you buy langlitz you don't just get a product. You are part of the family there. Great people and the best leathers in the world. Ofcourse your talking a custom made for you product here with a wait time. If you want a good commercial product look at FC. In leathers you get what you pay for as in most things in life.

I am not affiliated with langlitz except as a very happy customer.

Last edited by Ace07FXDL; 09-16-2008 at 07:27 AM.
Old 09-16-2008, 07:50 AM
Erdnase
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

+1 Langlitz

Old 09-16-2008, 07:51 AM
Dennydp
Elite HDF Member
Received 15 Likes on 4 Posts

Langlitz makes very nice leathers-high quality.Ive had pants and jacket since 96 and they still look gret-other then the fact they seem to be getting tighter.They do cost some serious $$$$ but custom fit and made in Portland

Old 09-16-2008, 12:27 PM
scg1953
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by skootchnc
LOL don't you love how you say Fox Creek stopped making the jacket you want, and the next couple of replies, tell you to go to Fox Creek?
I think these guys might be saying .... "If Fox Creek stopped making your jacket and you are looking for another Mfg. anyway, you might as well stay with Fox Creek and just pick another style. After all you know how GREAT they are to work with. The quality is excellent, made in USA, lifetime warranty." At least that's what I would say, If I were to comment. ++2 for Fox Creek from me

Old 09-16-2008, 12:33 PM
scg1953
Tourer

Originally Posted by Dennydp
Langlitz makes very nice leathers-high quality.Ive had pants and jacket since 96 and they still look gret-other then the fact they seem to be getting tighter.They do cost some serious $$$$ but custom fit and made in Portland
Dennydp,
Didn't you know that after awhile leather begins to shrink? I found that out after a couple of years of not riding & went to put my old jacket on and it was much tighter that it use to be. I hope my new one dosen't do it

Old 09-16-2008, 01:09 PM
rochkes
Elite HDF Member
Received 461 Likes on 212 Posts

I first heard about Fox Creek Leather on this forum. They had closeout specials on their website when I first checked it out. I wanted the Classic I, but I also wanted a matching pair for my wife and myself. I decided to try to Classic II because it was the only style they had with one in my size and one in my wife's size.

I paid less than half price because they were discontinued models with the same lifetime warranty of the newer models that replaced them. They are without a doubt the best leather coats I have ever owned or even tried on. I am sure there are others out there that are equal or better quality, but even at their regular price, they would be hard to beat.

Sorry to add to the fox creek testimonials when you've already said they don't make the style you want, but this was intended to help others who saw the thread and are looking for great leather.

Dennis

Old 09-16-2008, 01:10 PM
56Maynard
Cruiser

Langlitz and forget about it.

Old 09-16-2008, 04:37 PM
SGChick
Tourer

Denny,

Would have loved to see the Langlitz shop while we were close to Portland last week....maybe next time!

Old 09-16-2008, 05:10 PM
Dennydp
Elite HDF Member
Received 15 Likes on 4 Posts

Melanie,It was great to see the 3 of you.Never thought to suggest a stop.Langlitz shop is only worth visiting if your going to have leathers made.Not much to see.

Old 09-16-2008, 10:08 PM
jcbpa
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Oh man, or Oh woman... this doesn't help! I cannot afford Langlitz. Fox Creek is great, but I don't like the style... I love their vest and their chaps I just can't find a jacket that is "my style." I'm going to call them tommorrow and talk with them, I'm not happy with the style and fit of the one I ordered. Not their fault at all, they have been great to work with. All I want is a fitted jacket with pockets, a nice collar that snaps, laced sides and braiding.... They had it. Now they don't

Quick Reply: Help on Really Good Leather