Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

MotoGP & AMA Flat Track

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2008, 09:02 PM
bigskyhd
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 50 Likes on 5 Posts
Default MotoGP & AMA Flat Track

Just returned from Indianapolis and the races. They were GREAT! Some bad weather but what an event. We saw Chris Carr win his Nat'l Championship race making it 8 at age 41, (got his autograph on my hat) and Valentino Rossi beat out the Kentucky Kid at the GP in the rain. Those guys can RIDE!! Thanks to all for the recommendations, the pizza, deli, and go carts were fantastic. And that Body Revealed exhibit was really something. Just wanted to say "Thanks", CCRyder

Old 09-16-2008, 05:06 AM
notlost_nc
Road Master
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Saw the highlights on WindTunnel, looked like a good time. I'm not so sure about shortening the GP race by 8 laps though. They should've delayed the start if conditions were that bad, still pretty impressive racing in the rain.

Old 09-16-2008, 07:24 AM
barnyard
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Being a homer, I was rooting for Nicky to win the thing, but you have to tip your cap to Valentino Rossi. That young man got more fast out of that bike than seemed sane in the slop and wind they had to ride in. He is fun to watch.

Old 09-16-2008, 07:25 AM
Neckball
Stellar HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

A guy I work with went up for the race, came back yesterday. He says they really had trouble getting fuel on the way back, said Kentucky was the worst. Most stations either had no gas, very long lines or no power. He estimated all the extra stops hunting fuel added three hours to their trip. But it was still a good trip and I'm jealous I didn't go.

Old 09-16-2008, 11:56 AM
kruisin
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My brother went up for the races. He left last Wed. and got home yesterday. Said it was worth it even with the bad weather.

I was stuck at home watching the MotoGP on the tube. I was rooting for Nicky but at least he made a great showing. I think he might have had something for the end if they had run the last 8 laps.

Old 09-16-2008, 04:51 PM
bigskyhd
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 50 Likes on 5 Posts

Yes, that race was Fantastic. The Doctor, as he is known, looked like in the beginning that he would have a hard time passing Nicky. But he followed with precision, and when he made his move it was stealth. He just pulled away shortly thereafter. Within 15 minutes after they stopped the race, the sun came out, and it quit raining. Everyone was cheering for Nicky to win. But this was a good finish for him. He's had some bad luck, and this is the first time he's been on the podium this year. He's going to Ducati next year, so we'll all be cheering for him. My sons are really into the Ducati's. Lots of racing, and lots of fun. That AMA race was fabulous as well, and it was really cool to see Chris Carr with. I can relate to the old fart (41) tearing up all those kids. It was a blast.