Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

09 SG Air Pressure?

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2008, 10:44 AM
PWFD
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 09 SG Air Pressure?

I'm sure this is a matter of personal choice, BUT I was wondering if someone could give me an idea on what Air Pressure to Run in my 09 SG. I'm about a 150lbs. And sometimes ride two up with my wife. is there a magic number I should or could be running? During the rally a couple of weeks ago here in MKE we hit a bump and my wife caught some BIGTIME air off the seat which made her not to happy! She was really missing our EGC I traded for this that weekend!

Any help or ideas would be great!

Thanks!

T

Old 09-15-2008, 11:07 AM
flyingace
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 26 Likes on 19 Posts

Im 210, wife is 140

solo: 10 lbs

with wife: 40-45 lbs

experiment. A few pounds DOES matter. The SG is tougher, since its a fine line between a stiff ride and bottoming the (shorter) shocks. I was running about 35 with the wife, and it rode nicer, but would bottom too easy, so I bumped it up to 40-45.

Old 09-15-2008, 11:07 AM
dagnabit9
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Oops...!! Are you talking about the shocks or the tire pressure..?? What does it say in the owners manual or maintenance manual? I (and most others here also) would go with that...

Old 09-15-2008, 11:14 AM
Peppa1
Outstanding HDF Member

Please refer to your owners manual for air pressure in your tires & shocks. There is a table in there with recommended pressures.

Old 09-15-2008, 12:57 PM
PWFD
Road Master

Sorry, I was talking about shock pressure. Thought you guys might have better idea than the HD manual?. I find most of the time this is a great place for info that is more "real life" than what the book sometimes says.

Any idea what the "stock" shock pressure is or isn't there really one?.

Thanks!

T

Old 09-15-2008, 01:33 PM
flyingace
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by PWFD
Sorry, I was talking about shock pressure. Thought you guys might have better idea than the HD manual?. I find most of the time this is a great place for info that is more "real life" than what the book sometimes says.

Any idea what the "stock" shock pressure is or isn't there really one?.

Thanks!

T
Ive actually found the 09 manual recomendations to be prettty close, unlike prior years, when they were way too low (IMHO)

I think the "stock" pressure is typically set to what the manual recommends for solo riding.

Old 09-15-2008, 02:37 PM
PWFD
Road Master

okay, good to know. is the pressure that is in the shocks put in by MOCO or the dealership?

Old 09-15-2008, 02:40 PM
Bagged Out
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Picked mine up on Friday and it only had 5 lbs. of pressure in it. Bumped up to 40-45 with me and my wife on it and it felt good. Rode it solo today and it feels a little stiff. They should put an on-board pump on the bike so this could be easily dialed in depending on terrain, passengers and gear!

Old 09-15-2008, 02:48 PM
PWFD
Road Master
Talking

Originally Posted by FXDSEwannabe
Picked mine up on Friday and it only had 5 lbs. of pressure in it. Bumped up to 40-45 with me and my wife on it and it felt good. Rode it solo today and it feels a little stiff. They should put an on-board pump on the bike so this could be easily dialed in depending on terrain, passengers and gear!
That would be GREAT!.. That would be a great option!!

I must say I am lazy! I don't want to pump my bike up everytime I ride!! When I owned a Gold Wing I just pushed a little button and away we went. My 07 EGC was always perfect the way that one was set up. I never even touched the shocks on that one. I guess now I finally found something I don't like about my 09 SG. I knew it was only a matter of time..

Old 09-15-2008, 03:27 PM
flyingace
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by PWFD
okay, good to know. is the pressure that is in the shocks put in by MOCO or the dealership?
Dunno.

Quick Reply: 09 SG Air Pressure?