Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Full Panacea and security light blinks when using blinkers

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2008, 09:47 PM
sortasuave
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Full Panacea and security light blinks when using blinkers

I installed the full Panacea (tail light, Front and Back Blinker) and did my first run with them. I found that the security light blinks when I flip on the blinker.

What do I need to add to the system to fix this?

I have two Load Equalizers on the system, one of which is for a bike with a security system. Do I need two of these?

Old 09-15-2008, 09:03 AM
sortasuave
Tourer

Bump Bump Bump

Old 09-15-2008, 03:17 PM
Bertk
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 203 Likes on 177 Posts

Originally Posted by sortasuave
I installed the full Panacea (tail light, Front and Back Blinker) and did my first run with them. I found that the security light blinks when I flip on the blinker.

What do I need to add to the system to fix this?

I have two Load Equalizers on the system, one of which is for a bike with a security system. Do I need two of these?
Two Load Equalizer are needed for the turn signals. One for front and one for the rear. Kuryakyn makes an adapter for adding two equalizers.

Old 09-16-2008, 09:18 AM
sortasuave
Tourer

Originally Posted by Bertk
Two Load Equalizer are needed for the turn signals. One for front and one for the rear. Kuryakyn makes an adapter for adding two equalizers.
Bertk,

Thanks for replying... I see I failed to mention that I do have two load equalizers on the system. One them is the "special" security one. Also, the pigtail they provide with the system is quite a bit different then the one you linked to. It's more of a small long brick with some switches on it that control the functionality of the lighting system. I think the one your pointing to is for the straight LED system. I could be wrong through...

I called Kuryakyn and asked them this question and they told me that I needed to wire in the rear fender tail light using the pigtail they include with the Panacea tail light. I've not had a chance to dig into this yet (again).

Another possability is the license plate light. They mention in the directions that you may need to wire this to the pig tail they provide as part of the package. Another thought is there's an extra LED light that they provide in the package. They say that this light should be used in fender lighting. But the directions were very unclear if this applied to the FLHX or some other touring bike.

What's everyone else done on the street glide when installing a full Panacea system?

Last edited by sortasuave; 09-16-2008 at 09:24 AM.
Old 09-16-2008, 02:38 PM
Bertk
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 203 Likes on 177 Posts

I didn't use the full Panacea system. I used the HD LED tail light and the Kury LED turn signals, front and rear. This required the two supplied load equalizers be used. It sounds like the full system is more complicated. And I agree, the directions are not very helpful. I think your best bet is to use the advise from Kury support.