Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Biketoberfest 2008 HD Forums "Get Together".

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2008 | 10:38 AM
Dispatch
|
Road Warrior
Veteran: Army

Anyone else going, not yet mentioned? PM 1 of 2 for directions. 10 days to go!!!

Old 10-06-2008 | 11:11 AM
Bluzmn59
Outstanding HDF Member

Just saw this thread for the first time. My wife and I will be riding in on Thursday and staying until Sunday. We will try and make this.

Old 10-10-2008 | 01:56 AM
Dispatch
|
Road Warrior

Well folks so far, Biketoberfest 2008 is winding up to be a not so very prospective one this year. It won't stop raining here and has been for the last 4 days, non-stop. The forecast has rain, thunder and lightning every day right up to Wednesday the 15th of October. This will make for a very un-enjoyable event for all. I am hoping the weather will break, the sun will stay out and dry up the ground but I'm not believeing it, as I look out the window each day and hear the thunder and lightning over head. Driving rain and soaking wet black-top make for a dangerous combination on the back of a motorcycle. Well, I guess well just have to see. If you are coming, "definitely" pack your rain gear. I'll keep you's posted. 6 days to go.

Old 10-10-2008 | 07:33 AM
pingman68
Road Master

Saturday @ 12:00???

You know we will be missing the cole slaw wrestling!!!!!

Old 10-10-2008 | 07:35 AM
Bertk
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by Dispatch
Well folks so far, Biketoberfest 2008 is winding up to be a not so very prospective one this year. It won't stop raining here and has been for the last 4 days, non-stop. The forecast has rain, thunder and lightning every day right up to Wednesday the 15th of October. This will make for a very un-enjoyable event for all. I am hoping the weather will break, the sun will stay out and dry up the ground but I'm not believeing it, as I look out the window each day and hear the thunder and lightning over head. Driving rain and soaking wet black-top make for a dangerous combination on the back of a motorcycle. Well, I guess well just have to see. If you are coming, "definitely" pack your rain gear. I'll keep you's posted. 6 days to go.
Keep your hopes up !!! Oct 15 in Florida is normally when the weather turns good. It's like flipping a switch. Tuesday in Daytona NOAA is showing Sunny and 85* and much the same on Wednesday. It looks like you will be good to go. You all have fun and take tons of pictures.

Old 10-10-2008 | 10:35 AM
Dispatch
|
Road Warrior

Well, it ain't raining this morning. So far so good. (Bertk, your not coming this year?) We need all our Floridians at this event. I wonder what big name is going to be preforming at the Broken Spoke Saloon on U.S. Hwy 1 in Ormond Beach this year? There web-site doesn't say much. Bret Michales preformed there last year just after he came back from visiting the troops in Iraq. Rain or not, we'll all have a good time regardless. And hey! Gasoline is $86.00 a barrel! 5 days, 12 hours, 20 minutes to go!!!

Old 10-10-2008 | 02:06 PM
2008FLHP
Outstanding HDF Member

SSSSSHHHHHHHhhhhh!!!!!!!!!...don't say the "R" word!!!!!!

Old 10-10-2008 | 08:38 PM
Bertk
Ultimate HDF Member

Well, it ain't raining this morning. So far so good. (Bertk, your not coming this year?) We need all our Floridians at this event. I wonder what big name is going to be preforming at the Broken Spoke Saloon on U.S. Hwy 1 in Ormond Beach this year? There web-site doesn't say much. Bret Michales preformed there last year just after he came back from visiting the troops in Iraq. Rain or not, we'll all have a good time regardless. And hey! Gasoline is $86.00 a barrel! 5 days, 12 hours, 20 minutes to go!!!
Sorry, can't make it this time around, wish I could. But will be looking forward to the next FL ride that comes up.

Old 10-10-2008 | 11:25 PM
Dispatch
|
Road Warrior

Damn Bertk, sorry to hear that. We will all have a cold one and a toast to those that could not make it this year. Well no -ain so far. Just need the rest of the days between now and the 16th to stay this way to dry out the ground. Well see.

Old 10-11-2008 | 02:21 PM
Bertk
Ultimate HDF Member

Damn Bertk, sorry to hear that. We will all have a cold one and a toast to those that could not make it this year. Well no -ain so far. Just need the rest of the days between now and the 16th to stay this way to dry out the ground. Well see.
Definitely have a cold one for me !!! Is this an annual trip? And is there a trip to the keys in the future?

Quick Reply: Biketoberfest 2008 HD Forums "Get Together".