Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Biketoberfest 2008 HD Forums "Get Together".

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2008 | 11:09 PM
Dispatch
|
Road Warrior
Veteran: Army

Originally Posted by motorman857
This is Motorman from the Ride Like a Pro dvd. We will be performing my Rider skill show at the Speedway at the Harley demo site, Thur, fri, and Sat. I have a powerfull Pa system and would be happy to make an anouncment to the forum members that would like to meet at that location. I'll have my Motorhome parked there and will be easy to find.
This sounds like an excellent idea. As pokeraddict suggest to me in a PM, the Daytona Dog Track lot might be an option. It's right around the corner from the Daytona Flea Market. There also a few public parks right on the beach on A1A and on the river on Beach Street. I'm trying to contact Admin. to see if there are HD Forums buttons or such. We'll see.

Old 09-16-2008 | 10:54 AM
Dispatch
|
Road Warrior

Ok. I need to know how many here plan to attend Biketoberfest are actually planning on meeting up with the rest of us and who are not. (Please PM me if you havent already and let me know your status). I have stated, I understand "Stuff happens" between now and the next 30 days. Also, I'm sure you'll want to hit the events on your own at your own leisure without being stuck to a group all day. I wouldn't either but then I live here. Per Terry at Admin, they can lend us a nice size HD Forums banner to help identify a meeting place. Please let me know. I'll keep you's posted.

Old 09-16-2008 | 06:26 PM
themensh
Ultimate HDF Member

Let's start with "WHAT DAY?".
The Volusia Mall has quite a bit of un-inhabited space.....and is directly accross from the Race track.
Most resterants/bars will have a crowd.....unless you meet early.
Chilis resterant is directly accross the road from where Motorman will be.
Chilis is also accross the road from the Mall. Sort of behind Chilis.....is some vacant land on Richard Petty Blvd. East of the Mall on Speedway Blvd, there is a Dennys with
usually empty parking behind it.
Daytona Mall ( East of the Speedway on the corner of Speedway Blvd and Nova Road) has a big lot. Steak and Shake located there.
South of Speedway Blvd, off Nova Blvd...turn right on Orange Ave and the is a nice park, called Tarragona Park.
South of Orange Ave....is the Museam of Natural History (I bet their parking lot
will not fill up).

Old 09-16-2008 | 07:58 PM
tallboy56
Road Master

Well, I won't be there this time but there's the parking area at Port Orange bridge...kinda out away from the speedway but not a bad place to meet. Whatever you guys do, drink one or twelve for those of us that wish we were there!

Old 09-16-2008 | 08:19 PM
1of2
"Moderator"

I'll be there for sure. I'll keep an eye on this thread for updates.

Old 09-16-2008 | 11:34 PM
Dispatch
|
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by themensh
Let's start with "WHAT DAY?".
The Volusia Mall has quite a bit of un-inhabited space.....and is directly accross from the Race track.
Most resterants/bars will have a crowd.....unless you meet early.
Chilis resterant is directly accross the road from where Motorman will be.
Chilis is also accross the road from the Mall. Sort of behind Chilis.....is some vacant land on Richard Petty Blvd. East of the Mall on Speedway Blvd, there is a Dennys with
usually empty parking behind it.
Daytona Mall ( East of the Speedway on the corner of Speedway Blvd and Nova Road) has a big lot. Steak and Shake located there.
South of Speedway Blvd, off Nova Blvd...turn right on Orange Ave and the is a nice park, called Tarragona Park.
South of Orange Ave....is the Museam of Natural History (I bet their parking lot
will not fill up).
What ever day the majority of people will be in town I suppose. But what ever day you's want. I would figure Friday would be a little less hectic. A restaurant would be more social and relaxing but I'm not sure how identifying would go and the main time when most everyone will be arriving from out of town. Even if I stayed outside, met everyone and sent you's in one at a time, you wouldn't know who's who inside. Not to mention I'd be the only reasonably sober person in the joint! HD Forums buttons, it's all about id. I'll see what else I can come up with. Keep the suggestions coming.

Old 09-18-2008 | 01:46 PM
Dispatch
|
Road Warrior

Anybody else going that hasn't said so yet? Please PM me. I want to keep this post "active" so people can read it and respond. Anymore suggestions? Keep them coming.

Old 09-18-2008 | 01:57 PM
navyman
Road Master

I'll be there. PM sent.

Old 09-18-2008 | 02:16 PM
HogFather
Road Captain

I'm here in Melbourne and plan on attending. Don't often miss a bike week in Daytona. I agree Dispatch can dial us all in on the time and location.

Old 09-18-2008 | 02:36 PM
IBHarley
Road Master

Im coming up from Palm Beach what day and time is still open so let me know where and when

Quick Reply: Biketoberfest 2008 HD Forums "Get Together".